GCAT's Travel Code of Conduct
As an authorized representative of the Georgia Coastal Aquatic Team, Georgia Swimming LSC, and USA Swimming, I will comply with the following guidelines:
• The possession or use of alcohol, tobacco products or controlled substances by any athlete is prohibited.
• Curfews established by the coach(es) are adhered to each day.
• Team members and staff will attend all team functions including meetings, warm-ups, practices, competitions, meals, etc., unless otherwise excused or instructed by the coach of record.
• Team members will comply with USA Swimming uniform requirements and will wear team apparel at the meet and on the awards podium.
• To ensure the propriety of the athletes and to protect the staff, there will be no male athletes in female athletes’ rooms, and no female athletes in male athletes’ rooms.
• Team members and staff will refrain from any illegal or inappropriate behavior that would detract from a positive image of GCAT, Georgia Swimming LSC. or USA Swimming or be detrimental to its performance objectives.
• Team members will display proper respect and sportsmanship toward coaches, officials, administrators, fellow competitors and the public.
• Any additional team guidelines will be established as needed by the coach of record.
Failure to comply with the Code of Conduct as set forth in this document may result in disciplinary action.