Morgan County Marlins coaches working with the Recreation Department staff have established the following code of conduct for every parent and swimmer associated with the organization. When registering for the team at that time, the code is recognized by the parents and the swimmer. Should there ever be a question concerning this code, contact the Aquatic Director, the Recreation Director or the swimmer's coach for clarification.
Parent Code of Conduct:
As a parent of an athlete and a member of the Morgan County Marlins, I will abide by the following guidelines:
I. Practice teamwork with all parents, athletes, and coaches by supporting the values of Discipline, Loyalty, Commitment and Hard Work.
II. As a parent, I will not coach or instruct my child or any other athlete at a practice or competition (from the stands or any other area) or interfere with the coaches.
III. Demonstrate good sportsmanship by myself in a manner that earns the respect of my child, other athletes, parents, officials and the coaches at meets and practices.
IV. Maintain self-control at all times. Know my role.
V. As a parent, I understand that criticizing, name-calling, use of abusive language or gestures directed toward the coaches, officials, and/or any participating athlete will not be permitted or tolerated.
VI. Enjoying involvement with organization by supporting the athletes, coaches and other parents with positive communication and actions.
VII. During competitions, questions or concerns regarding decisions made by officials are directed to a member of our coaching staff. Parents address officials via the coaching staff only.
SANCTIONS: Should I conduct myself in such a way that brings discredit or discord to the team, the Recreation Department or National Governing Body, I voluntarily subject myself to disciplinary action. The Recreation Department maintains the right to terminate any member with cause in the interest of our vision, mission and objectives.
Morgan County Marlins Swimmer Code of Conduct:
The following code is in effect throughout the course of your participation with this swim team. Anyone who acts in a manner that diminishes the image of the Morgan County Marlins, coaches, Recreation Department or the sport of swimming will be subject to disciplinary action.
1. All swimmers are to conduct themselves as role model athletes.
2. There will be no use of foul language at practice, meets, or social functions.
3. Praise and support for your teammates at practice and meets is expected. Do not put down, or talk negatively about other swimmers. Cheer for your team at meets.
4. Be courteous. Do not interfere with the progress of another swimmer, whether it is in the pool or during dry lands or in the locker room.
5. Take care of your equipment or any other personal possessions. If something does not belong to you, leave it alone. Stealing is always wrong.
6. Be on time for practice, team meetings, and swim meets.
7. There will be no talking back to the coaches. The coach has the final word.
8. If a swimmer has a problem with a teammate, they will: first try to work it out with their teammate, next involve their coach and let the coach find a solution.
9. The use or purchase of alcohol, tobacco, or illicit drugs of any kind will not be tolerated. Any team member who has knowledge of anyone (regardless of affiliation) partaking in any illegal behavior and continues to stay in their presence may be subject to the same punishment. Any illegal behavior will be reviewed by the Aquatic Director, Recreation Director and your coaches for disciplinary actions.
1st offense – Written Reprimand
2nd offense – Two Day/Practice Suspension
3rd offense – Written Dismissal from Team