Warner Robins Aquanauts Board of Directors working with the coaches and parents has established the following code of conduct for every parent and swimmer associated with the organization. When registering for the team at that time, the code is recognized by the parents and the swimmer. Should there ever be a question concerning this code, contact a board member or the swimmer's coach for clarification.
Parent Code of Conduct:
As a parent of an athlete and a member of the Warner Robins Aquanauts, I will abide by the following guidelines:
I. Practice teamwork with all parents, athletes, and coaches by supporting the values of Discipline, Loyalty, Commitment and Hard Work
II. As a parent, I will not coach or instruct my child or any other athlete at a practice or competition (from the stands or any other area) or interfere with the coaches.
III. Demonstrated good sportsmanship by myself in a manner that earns the respect of my child, other athletes, parents, officials and the coaches at meets and practices.
IV. Maintain self-control at all times. Know my role.
V. As a parent, I understand that criticizing, name-calling, use of abusive language or gestures directed toward the coaches, officials, and/or any participating athlete will not be permitted or tolerated.
VI. Enjoying involvement with organization by supporting the athletes, coaches and other parents with positive communication and actions.
VII. During competitions, questions or concerns regarding decisions made by officials are directed to a member of our coaching staff. Parents address officials via the coaching staff only.
SANCTIONS: Should I conduct myself in such a way that brings discredit or discord to the Club, or National Governing Body, I voluntarily subject myself to disciplinary action. The Club maintains the right to terminate any member with cause in the interest of our vision, mission and objectives.
WRA Swimmer Code of Conduct:
The following code is in effect throughout the course of your participation with this swim team. Anyone who acts in a manner that diminishes the image of the Warner Robins Aquanauts, coaches, or the sport of swimming will be subject to disciplinary action. Regarding the travel code of conduct, if a swimmer acts in a manner that interferes with team travel he or she will be sent home at the expense of the parent and/or swimmer. Further disciplinary actions may apply.
1. All swimmers are to conduct themselves as role model athletes.
2. There will be no use of foul language at practice, meets, or social functions.
3. Praise and support for your teammates at practice and meets is expected. Do not put down, or talk negatively about other swimmers. Cheer for your team at meets.
4. Be courteous. Do not interfere with the progress of another swimmer, whether it is in the pool or during dry lands or in the locker room.
5. Take care of your equipment or any other personal possessions. If something does not belong to you, leave it alone. Stealing is always wrong.
6. Be on time for practice, team meetings, and swim meets.
7. There will be no talking back to the coaches. The coach has the final word.
8. If a swimmer has a problem with a teammate, they will: first try to work it out with their teammate, next involve their coach and let the coach find a solution.
9. The use or purchase of alcohol, tobacco, or illicit drugs of any kind will not be tolerated. Any team member who has knowledge of anyone (regardless of affiliation) partaking in any illegal behavior and continues to stay in their presence may be subject to the same punishment. Any illegal behavior will be reviewed by the Board of Directors and your coaches for disciplinary actions.
10. Conduct at team travel swim meets:
a. At no time will female and male athletes be in the same room together without an adult chaperone. This applies to team members or members of any other team.
b. No team member may be out of their room after the assigned curfew.
Curfews are set by the coaches and/or chaperones. Permission must be obtained from the coach/chaperone to leave the room past curfew.
c. Any damage or thievery incurred at a motel or swim meet will be at the expense of the swimmer, and further disciplinary action may be taken.
d. No loud or boisterous behavior will be tolerated in the hallways or public areas, and kept to a minimum in your room.
e. Make all long distance calls on your cell phone, credit card, or call collect.
1st offense – Written Reprimand
2nd offense – Two Day Suspension
3rd offense – Written Dismissal from Team