Water Lizards (Minimum Age 4) - Monthly dues: $105
|August - December 2019
|Days: Monday, Wednesday, Friday
|Time: 5:30 pm - 6:00 pm
|Duration: 30 minutes
Participants must demonstrate they are water safe and mature enough to pay attention to instructions to be in the group. Proper equipment is required for group prior to the first day of instruction (see equipment list below).
This is the first step for swimmers to be introduced to competitive swimming. The primary goal of this group is to focus on freestyle. The water lizard will be familiarized to the group environment and the basic concepts of the swim team.
- Team building
- Correct Streamline and push-offs
- Learn correct freestyle (with side-breathing) and Backstroke
- Intro to turns (somersault)
- A discipline of working for the ½ hour, 3 times weekly
- Learning the concept of good strokes
- Participation in swim meets is optional except GGST hosted meets are encouraged
Swimmers in this group strive to reach these goals for consideration to be moved up to the next group.
- 25 yards freestyle with side-breathing
- 25 yards backstroke
- Correct streamline and push-offs
Swimmers must have the following equipment prior to their first day of practice.
- 2 pairs of goggles (fitted and ready to use)
- Sporti fins or specific equivalent
- Practice swim caps (at least 2)
- Mesh equipment bag (keeps equipment together, dry and ready for use)
- 1 competitive style practice swimsuit (no beach shorts)
- Team Cap for meets
Please put your name on all of your belongings and equipment with a permanent marker!
Speedo is our team suit & equipment provider. We are required to use Speedo products whenever possible. Please see the links in Team Store for ordering equipment.