Iron Gators (Minimum Age 10) - Monthly dues: $140
|November 15, 2021
Monday to Thursday - 4:45pm to 6:15pm
Friday - 4:00pm to 5:30pm
Location: Christopher High School
|Duration: 1.5 hours
Must successfully pass promotional goals for Cruisin' Crocs and have proper equipment prior to the first day of practice. (See equipment list below)
Iron Gators swim 2500-3000 yards daily. This age group is for swimmers who are serious about training and competition. Conditioning is a major priority of the group. Swimmers must be proficient and competent in turns, starts, and the four competitive strokes. Reinforcement of proper technique will run in conjunction with training.
- Building teamwork, endurance, and stroke work
- Emphasis on developing good workout habits
- Begin yardage training, 2500-3000 yards/practice
- Participation in one meet per month is required
Swimmers in this group strive to reach these goals for consideration to be moved up to the next group.
80% attendance=4 days a week must be achieved for promotional consideration.
- 10 x 100 Flutter Kick on the 2:30
- 16 x 100 Freestyle on the 2:00
- 10 x 100 IM on the 2:15
Swimmers must have the following equipment prior to the first day of practice.
- 2 pairs of goggles (fitted and ready to use)
- Speedo Training Fins
- 2 practice caps
- Mesh equipment bag
- Stroke Master Paddles (Red/Small or Green)
- Finis Snorkel (straight gold one, not curved one)
- 1 competitive style practice swimsuit
- Team cap
Please put your name on all of your belongings and equipment with a permanent marker!
Swimmers will also need to purchase a racing suit. Racing suits are used solely for that purpose and are worn much tighter than practice suits to reduce drag. Black is the preferred team color. At a minimum, our athletes are expected to compete with the team cap at all USA Swimming sanctioned meets.
Speedo is our team suit & equipment provider. We are required to use Speedo products whenever possible. Please see the links in Team Store for ordering equipment.