Meet Information for New Swimmers and Parents:
1. Wear your SPEEDO team suit. Exceptions are for athletes brand new to the team who are waiting on their suit order or athletes who are, for some reason, unable to wear the team suit. A plain navy SPEEDO suit can be worn in place of the team suit.
2. Bring your goggles - 2 pairs in case one breaks.
3. Bring your meet cap. If you do not have a meet cap, the coaching staff can provide you with one at practice or at the meet.
4. Bring several towels.
5. Bring a jacket or sweatshirt, extra pants, shirts, socks. Wear layers as the pool deck can be hot or cold.
6. Wear a PEAK shirt if you have one.
7. Bring a book, game, or a personal electronic device to use while waiting in-between events. PEAK is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
8. Bring a reusable water bottle.
9. Bring healthy snacks. Please do not bring junk food such as chips, donuts, candy or cookies.
10. Download the Meet Moblie app to find meet entry information for your swimmer. This app is available for Apple and Android phones for a small annual subscription fee.
11. For beginning swimmers, it may helpful to write events on their arm using a sharpie prior to a meet to assist them in getting to the correct event, heat, and lane. Once athletes understand the meet process, athletes may prefer to remember their heat/lane without writing on themselves.
12. Make sure your swimmer gets a good night’s sleep and eats a healthy dinner and breakfast. Suggestions of things to eat are on our website under the Education: Nutrition tab.
13. If space is available inside, athletes should plan to sit with their teammates. Athletes should not sit in spectator seating. (For 2020-2021 season, all safety measures must be adhered to by parents and athletes; seating will be designated by the host team.)
14. Please have your swimmer check in with their coach before and after each event. This is a time for the coach to remind the swimmer what to focus on during the race and to reflect on their race performance. The order of events for athletes after a race are: see your coach, warm down in the warm down pool and then speak with parents. Coaches feedback and taking care of their bodies should be the athlete’s first priority after a race.