Each season, our coaches work with the swimmers to identify goals for their season. These individual goals help the swimmers think about why they swim, and then create a partnership with their coach to work toward several common goals.
Each group uses different goal sheets (linked below), but all the groups try to create SMART goals:
- Specific – Better chance of accomplishing a well-defined goal. Answer who, what, when, where, why.
- Measurable – Define how to measure success, such as specific times or skills you want to achieve.
- Attainable – When you define goals truly important to you, you develop the attitude, skills, and commitment to achieve them. Each goal must be important to you (not a goal that others have for you).
- Realistic – A goal must be something you are both willing and able to work toward. You need to believe you can accomplish the goal. Is it similar to other goals you have accomplished previously.
- Timely – Set a realistic time frame for each goal and commit yourself to that time frame.
Group Goal Sheets
If you are defining time-specific goals, see the Time Standards page for more information.