Our goal is to return to swim practices, lessons, and competitions as safely as possible while ensuring the health and safety of our coaches & all SWAT families and maintaining new health and safety guidelines as we transition out of the Covid-19 pandemic.
IMPORTANT: In addition to many layers of guidelines from CDC, state, & local authorities, personal responsibility is key to the success of our pool reopening process. Please adhere to the below procedure:
- Tentative practice schedule- transition all groups back to normal practice in conjunction with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Social distancing and sanitization practices
- Before Practice:
- Coaches – All agree to follow a 24 hr. wellness standard. Should they feel fatigued or have COVID-19 symptoms & fever of 100.4 or over within 24 hr. of a practice, they will not be on deck coaching. Masks will be worn & temperature checked.
- Swimmers – All agree to follow a 24 hr. wellness standard. Should they feel fatigued or have COVID-19 symptoms & fever of 100.4 or over within 24 hr. of a practice, they will not be at practice. Swimmers should meet health guidelines per the health & safety document from CDC.
- Masks should be worn at all times, with the exception of dryland & swimming.
- Swimmers will have temperature taken & use their own hand sanitizer (recommended) or go wash their hands with soap/water in the restroom before heading to the pool deck.
- Swimmers need to bring their own sanitized equipment for pool & dryland workouts.
Drylands: (Mat, jump rope, training gloves as assigned per group) Swimmers participating in dryland will need to bring their own sanitized mat, jump rope and TheraBand to use. We will not provide equipment and swimmers cannot share equipment. If weights/med balls are used it will be 1 item per swimmer with sanitization happening between athlete use.
Swimming: (board, fins, snorkel, etc.) Bring minimum extra equipment. Bags will need to be sprayed with disinfectant at home prior to entering the pool area.
- Swimmers will need to come dressed in their suit & ready to swim (NO changing/dressing in the facility).
- Swimmers cannot be dropped off early for practice. Please arrive no more than 5 min early.
- Parents – Swimmers will need to sign up for the practice session their child will be attending. Swimmers can only attend the practices that their group is assigned to and / or signed up for. Parents are prohibited to stay in the facility and must drop-off / pickup only.
- Coaches - will be using written format workouts when necessary to maintain social distancing during workouts. Coaches will remain physically distanced during practice unless in case of an emergency.
- Swimmers - will practice 4 to 5 per lane at opposite ends of a 25 yards pool.
- Swimmers will need to get themselves ready for practice alone:
1. Come in suit ready to swim & put on their own cap & goggles.
2. Masks need to be worn if they use the restroom
3. Bring your own bottle of water or electrolytes drinks
- The locker rooms are limited – bathroom facilities will be open, but notification must be given to your coach when using the facility.
- Dryland will take place outside of the building while practicing social distancing of 6 feet and no sharing of equipment.
- Parents will not be permitted into the pool area except for volunteer parents with mask & temperature check.
- Parents may bring their own chair and sit outside the pool fence to watch practice if they want. Parents will need to keep to the recommended physical distancing recommendations.
- Coaches will follow procedures & guidelines protocol at all times.
- Swimmers will need to check in at the lobby, check out & exit the pool in a timely manner and move to their ride or designated dryland area. Swimmers will need to be picked up right after practice. Swimmers may not stay after practice to wait for siblings, etc.
Parents will need to pick up your swimmers on time and follow pickup and drop off procedures to ensure a smooth transition between practices and that physical distancing practices can be maintained.
Thank you for your prompt attention and support.