Code of Conduct
The following rules constitute the Kohawk Aquatics Team Code of Conduct applicable to all members and parents of all members.
1. Kohawk Aquatics members and parents of Kohawk Aquatics members must comply with USA Swimming’s Code of Conduct set forth in Section 304.3 of Article 304 in the USA Swimming Rules and Regulations. Any violation of the USA Swimming’s Code of Conduct shall be a violation of the Kohawk Aquatics code of conduct. To the extent any rule below conflicts with any provision of the USA Swimming Code of Conduct, the provision of the USA Swimming Code of Conduct shall prevail.
2. Kohawk Aquatics members and parents of Kohawk Aquatics members should conduct themselves appropriately at all times, including:
- Displaying proper respect and sportsmanship towards coaches, officials, administrators, team members, fellow competitors, and the public at all times
- Being safety conscious on deck and in the pool
- Respecting facilities
- Respecting the property of others
3. Kohawk Aquatics members and parents of Kohawk Aquatics members should refrain from any illegal or inappropriate behavior or language that would detract from a positive image of the Kohawk Aquatics or would be detrimental to performance objectives.
4.Kohawk Aquatics members and parents of Kohawk Aquatics members should treat coaches, club officials, administrators and other swimmers with courtesy and respect. Foul or offensive language and negative or derogatory comments should never be used.
5.Possession or use of alcohol, tobacco products, controlled substances or other contraband is prohibited while attending all team functions including practices and competitions.
Kohawk Aquatics members and parents of Kohawk Aquatics members understand that failure to comply with the Kohawk Aquatics Code of Conduct as set forth in this document may result in disciplinary action. Such disciplinary action may include, but not be limited to, a written warning from coaches and team administrator, a one week suspension from the team at the discretion of the Head Coach, or suspension from the team with the possibility of an immediate dismissal from the team with no refund of fees.
In the case of suspensions, Kohawk Aquatics members and parents of Kohawk Aquatics members may be appeal the suspension to the Coe College Aquatics Director. If the suspension is upheld with recommendation of immediate dismissal from the team, no refund of fees will be given.