Rock Island County ORCA Swim Team
- The Rock Island County ORCA Swim Team sends an invoice statement via email, therefore, please ensure the email address on page 3 of the Registration Packet is legible and accurate. Invoices will include monthly dues, swim meet fees from the previous month, special team events and any merchandise purchases made through the club.
- The invoices will be sent on or around the first of the month and will come from the email address of email@example.com. Please make sure this email is not sent directly to your spam filter.
- Please see below for information to better understand your invoice for billing dates for the Fall/Winter season.
- Payments are due by the 20th of each month. Checks for payment may be left at the pool in the Payment Box. The Payment Box can be found on the wall on the left side of the door as you are exiting the pool area. It is a locked grey box attached to the wall that has the Orca Logo on it. Checks can also be mailed to Shellee Showalter Branson, 1612-33 Avenue Court, Rock Island, IL 61201. Payments can also be made online by going to the home page of the club website, clicking on the Pay Online tab on the right side of the screen, and then following the prompts.
- Please pay bills on time. A late fee of $5 can be assessed each month if the account becomes more than 30 days in arrears. A swimmer may not be allowed to practice, enter swim meets or re-register with the club until the account is brought back to current.
- Swim Meet Fees: There are three components to the Entry fee for swim meets. (1) The host club charges a per event fee, which is usually $3.00-$8.00 per swim event. (2) USA Swimming charges a participant fee, which is usually $2.00-$3.00. (3) ORCA charges a coaching fee, which is $10 per swimmer for meets within 50 miles of RI or $20 per swimmer for meets farther than 50 miles. The average cost for a swim meet is $35.00. If you sign-up for a meet and DO NOT participate YOU WILL still be charged for the meet fees and are required to make payment. The reason for this is the club still has to pay the host club fees for your events that you signed up for regardless if you swim the events or not. Swim meet fees may be due in advance. Additionally, the Swimmer may not be able to register for swim meets until the account is paid in full.
- Swimmers are billed for monthly dues whether they attend practices or not. To discontinue monthly billing, you must notify your child’s coach and the Treasurer, at Treasurer@RICOrcaSwimClub.com, before your swimmer discontinues swimming. Billing will be discontinued the next full month following proper notification.
- New swimmers are offered a one week trial. If swimmer discontinues during the trial, a full refund will be issued.
Billing Dates for Fall/Winter Season
The Team Unify website bills automatically only on the first day of each month. Therefore, the schedule of billing and corresponding dates is as follows:
Oct 1 - weeks of Sept 11, 18, 25 and Oct 2, 9, 16, 23 (7 weeks) and USA Swimming Membership
Nov 1 - weeks of Oct 30 and Nov 6, 13 and 20 (4 weeks)
Dec 1 - weeks of Nov 27 and Dec 4, 11, 18 (4 weeks)
Jan 1 - weeks of Dec 25, Jan 1, 8, 15 (4 weeks)
Feb 1 - weeks of Jan 22, 29 and Feb 5, 12 (4 weeks)
If your swimmer participates in the Championship meets in late February/early March, additional billing will apply for the additional training period.
The schedule of billing and corresponding swim meet fees is as follows: As a reminder if you sign-up for a meet and DO NOT participate you WILL still be charged for the meet fees and are required to make payment.
Nov 1 – DMET Fall Frolic, RIC Orca Spook & Splash
Dec 1 – EMSC Fall, BTS Turkey Shoot
Jan 1 – RIC Orca Frostbite Invite
Feb 1 – MBLM New Year’s Celebration, MSSC Splash Invite, EMSC Age Group
Mar 1- DASH Valentines Classic, RIC Orca Time Trial, Regional & Senior Championship
Apr 1 - all other Championship meets
If you have any questions on your account, do not hesitate to contact the Head Coach, Drew Wilson – CoachWilson@RICOrcaSwimClub.com or the Treasurer at Treasurer@RICOrcaSwimClub.com.
Payments are due on the 20th of the month, each month. According to Orca procedures and policies, a swimmer may not be allowed to practice, enter swim meets or re-register with the club until the account is brought back to current.