Good communication is essential to make things run as smoothly as possible. The team has a number of ways to communicate with members and we do utilize all of them.
- Swimmer/family folders – Each swimmer or family of swimmers will have a folder. These folders will be in wire organizer crate and will typically be at every practice session throughout the season. The folder crate will always be out on the pool deck on the concrete bench near the shallow end of the competition pool. The folders will contain written communication (the swim meet entry sheets and other important items) and also serve as a way to distribute ribbons and other awards swimmers will win during the course of the season. Please make sure your swimmer(s) are checking their folders often for any communications they may contain.
- Parent Meetings – These meetings are designed to help keep parents informed and in the loop. We typically hold at least two of these meetings during the course of the season. Meeting dates will be posted on the team website under Event/Meets as well as communicated via e-mail.
- Swim team web site – The hub for our team site is this site: waukeeymcarays.org. There are many items posted over the course of the season including: meet schedules, directions to away meets, newsletters packed with useful information, and results of our meets. Please come back to check the site regularly.
- E-mail –Is our fastest and most efficient way of getting information out to the masses quickly. You may receive automated system updates from the team website based on event deadlines, reminder about volunteer job sign-ups and payment updates. Please make sure we have an e-mail address on your profile that you check on a regular basis. All communication sent by email (if not meant for an individual) is also posted under the news section of the website. So if you misplace an email sent earlier you can always log into and view it on the website. Coaches will also send communication to just you about your swimmers occasionally. This is NOT a message that will be archived on the team website, so you’ll want to be sure you keep a copy if you want to refer back to it later. Note: Experiencing trouble receiving team emails? See Email Tips and Tricks.
- Facebook Parent Group – This is a great place for parents to connect and discuss equipment exchange/sales, coordinate carpools and ask questions of veteran swim families about all topics! If the group can't answer your question they'll know who to direct you too! Search for this closed group on Facebook under "Waukee Rays Parent Group" and request to join.
- Word of mouth – Many times information will be given to the swimmers on deck before practices begin. Please make sure you check with your swimmer(s) for anything the coaches may cover in these pre-practice meetings. We will NEVER give information to our 8 & Under group that we don’t also send electronically to parents. We know they may not be as reliable in sharing information as our older swimmers.
Questions? Contact the Program Director 515.987.9996.