Contribution of Volunteer Time
Parents play a vital role in our organization. There are many ways parents can become involved as a volunteer. Hosting meets and fundraising require the support of all the swimmers and their parents. We encourage each of our parents to find a way to become involved. When you are approached to help with a team function or at a swim meet please consider any special talents you may have such as computer knowledge, organizational experience, etc. Helping the team is fun and a good way to get to know other families on the team. Volunteering helps both your swimmer and the whole team!!
There are many ways to volunteer:
- Contribute time and/or food at our Summer Solstice swim meet even if your child is not competing.
- Participate in the annual fundraiser
- Help coordinate events such as the fall retreat and spring banquet
- Time at away meets
- Serve on the board of directors or other board committees
- Become a USA Swim official
- The family or guardian of an SAS registered swimmer shall contribute at least 20 hours of volunteer time per year. If a family has more than one child registered, the time requirement is still 20 hours per year, per family or guardian.
- If a family or guardian of an SAS registered swimmer donates and/or contributes food or other like goods to SAS, the family or guardian will receive 1 credit hour for every ten dollars ($10.00) of value/price of such foods and/or goods donated and/or contributed.
- To the extent that a family or guardian has not met their 20 hours of volunteer time when the SAS Summer Solstice Swim Meet occurs in June of each year, at least 10 hours of volunteer time should be fulfilled at the SAS Summer Solstice Swim Meet. If a family or guardian has not met their 20 hours of volunteer time that year and fails to register for 10 hours of Solstice volunteer time that year, then the swimmer(s) of that family or guardian will not be permitted to swim in the Solstice meet that year.
- When any volunteer time has been completed the family member should contact the SAS volunteer coordinator to submit the information so appropriate credit can be given.
- Families who register after Oct 1 or leave before Sept 30 shall have their year pro-rated.
- If 20 hours per year of volunteer time is not met by a family or guardian of an SAS registered swimmer by the end of the year, then the family or guardian will be assessed a fee of $10 per hour for every hour not met of the requirement.
- The “year” is the team’s fiscal year and begins on Oct 1 and ends on Sept 30.
- A family may approach the board to request a reduction in hours.
adopted 15 Aug 2017