Welcome All Swimmers and Families!
The Spokane Waves will be holding open tryouts for new families interested in joining the team for the 2018-2019 season on the following dates:
- September 10th – 14th at 5:30 PM at Whitworth University
- September 10th – 14th at 3:30 PM at Eastern Washington University
Interested swimmers only need to attend one night of tryouts. If you are unable to make the dates listed above or would like to tryout sooner, please contact Lead Developmental Coach Janali at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule another time
The Spokane Waves Aquatic Team offers training and practice groups for swimmers of all ages and ability levels. The Waves strive to provide specific training for all of our athletes geared towards challenging each individual and developing each individual to the best of their abilities.
Before any swimmer can join the team they must go through our tryout/evaluation process. The evaluation (water test) is used by the coaches to determine the ability level of the athlete and which training group they would be best suited for.
Swimmers will be tested on the proficiency and legality of the four competitive strokes. While swimmers are being tested by our coaches we try to have parent volunteers on deck to talk about the program and answer questions.
Minimum requirements for Ripples group: Basic abilities in the freestyle and backstroke strokes plus independence in the water. Click here for the full list of Group Descriptions.
How to Prepare for Tryouts
- Print out a tryout form and bring it with you.
- Wear proper swim training attire. Baggy shorts or “beach wear” are not acceptable. You can look at our swimsuit guide if you are unsure.
- Goggles and a swim cap if your child needs one.