Welcome All Swimmers and Families!
The Spokane Waves will be holding open tryouts for new families on the following dates:
- May 14th – 18th at 3:30 PM at Eastern Washington University
- May 29th – June 1st at 6:00 PM at Whitworth University
If you are unable to make the dates listed above or would like to tryout sooner, please contact Lead Developmental Coach Janali at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule another time
The Spokane Waves Aquatic Team offers training and practice groups for swimmers of all ages and ability levels. The Waves strive to provide specific training for all of our athletes geared towards challenging each individual and developing each individual to the best of their abilities.
Before any swimmer can join the team they must go through our tryout/evaluation process. The evaluation (water test) is used by the coaches to determine the ability level of the athlete and which training group they would be best suited for.
Swimmers will be tested on the proficiency and legality of the four competitive strokes. While swimmers are being tested by our coaches we try to have parent volunteers on deck to talk about the program and answer questions.
Minimum requirements for Ripples group: Basic abilities in the freestyle and backstroke strokes plus independence in the water. Click here for the full list of Group Descriptions.
How to Prepare for Tryouts
- Print out an evaluation form and bring it with you to tryouts: Tryout Form
- Wear proper swim wear: proper swim training attire. Baggy shorts or “beach wear” are not acceptable. You can look at our swimsuit guide if you are unsure.
- Goggles and a swim cap if your child needs one.