Guidelines for Individual Swimmer “Scholarship” with the Walla Walla Swim Club
Thank you for your interest in joining the Walla Walla Swim Club. At this time the WWSC has only a small number of scholarships available to members. Scholarships may be given in the amount of a 25% reduction on monthly fees based on financial need of the family and will be kept confidential between the board and the petitioning family. Guidelines to receive the scholarship will be as follows:
- Swimmer must be a current member of the team with their account in good standing.
- A letter to the board asking for the scholarship stating the need of the reduced rate.
- A verification letter from the schools stating that the family receives reduced/free lunch through the schools and specified if it is reduced or free.
- Swimmers are encouraged to attend at least one swim meet per year. The WWSC local home meet is acceptable.
- Parents must commit to at least 20 volunteer service hours per year which will be tracked per family. This is the same requirement that all swim parents must follow.
- Scholarships are also available through the USA swimming for a reduction of registration fees.
- To qualify you must provide a statement from the school district that the family receive free/reduced lunches.
- The annual registration fee may be waived.
- Accounts must be kept in good standing: The 1st late payment will be a warning the 2nd will result in a removal from the “scholarship” program.
If any of the above guidelines are not met, the swimmer will then be removed from the “scholarship” program and will not be allowed to reapply for a “scholarship” until the accounts are cleared up. Accounts on the “Scholarship” program will be reviewed frequently to ensure all guidelines are being followed.