Thank you for your interest in the Walla Walla Swim Club!
The Walla Walla Swim Club is a year-round, competitive swimming program based in beautiful Walla Walla, WA. We are always looking for swimmers who want an exciting, rewarding and fun way to take swimming to the next level! Our swim club boasts professional coaches, friendly, family-oriented team, and a great program with innovative ideas for swimmers ages 6 to 18+.
Whether you're brand new to the sport, have years of competitive experience, or are new to the area, we'd love to meet you and get you started with WWSC!
TRY OUT FOR THE TEAM
Tryouts are held Mondays and Wednesdays by appointment.
To schedule a tryout or get more information:
Please email our Head Coach, Erika Miller, at [email protected]
WHAT TO EXPECT AT YOUR TRYOUT
Tryouts take approximately 10 minutes where swimmers will be asked to perform the following skills:
1. Swim 25 yards/meters non-stop freestyle with side breathing (rhythmic breathing)
2. Swim 25 yards/meters non-stop backstroke with rhythmic arm stroke, staying relatively horizontal on the back for the duration
3. Swim 25 yards/meters non-stop breaststroke, turning feet out during kick.
4. Swim at least 1/2 pool length using butterfly
5. Dive head first into deep water and glide to top
6. Perform a front somersault in the water
We are not looking for "perfect" strokes, but Freestyle and Backstroke should be very solid, and breaststroke should have feet turning out, even if timing is off slightly. Butterfly, we are looking that the swimmer can get their arms out of the water simultaneously.
It is best to contact our coaching staff via email, however should you need to call our club, please do so at:
Walla Walla Swim Club Telephone Contact Number: 508-375-7946. Please leave a message.