SAFE SPORT TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Coaches, Officials, and any adult age 18 and over who is either an Athlete, or will be on deck or with the Athlete either as a chaperone, board members...etc. must complete USA Swimmings Athlete Protection Certification course. Non-Athlete adults will need to create a USA Swimming non-athlete profile and complete the training. Athletes over the age of 18 will need to log into their athlete USA Swim profile to complete the training and receive credit. Please enter through the LEARN portal following the links below.
To complete the Athlete Protection Training Certification, please follow the directions below:
Log on to your USA Swimming Membership profile.
Members must always enter LEARN via www.usaswimming.org/learn or www.usaswimming.org/apt. Don't create a non-member account. You need to go through your own account to receive credit. If you are a non-athlete (coach, official, board member...etc.), create a non-athlete account.
- Enter your first name, last name, and birthday. Make sure to use your legal name. Click the Search button.
- When the system finds you, click on "CONTINUE" to access the LEARN site.
- You must take three courses to complete the requirement:
- "Sexual Misconduct Awareness Education"
- "Mandatory Reporting"
- "Emotional and Physical Misconduct"
- Once you have completed your courses, your membership record will update within 24 hours with a new APT expiration date.
- Your APT will expire 12 months after you complete all three courses.
If you get a "No Results Found" message on your member profile one of three things has happened:
- You may have made a typo on your name and birthday. Double check and resubmit.
- If everything is correct and you are or have ever been a member of USA Swimming, it is possible that there is a typo in your membership information in the USA Swimming database. Contact your LSC registrar.
- You have never been registered with USA Swimming. You must join through your LSC. New members will be required to have your application form and payment processed by your LSC registrar before you can sign in to complete the course.
- If you need to contact your LSC registrar please email: Jody Rash at email@example.com Please let her know what club you are part of Walla Walla Swim Club.