USA SWIMMING ID NUMBER
Occasionally you will need swimmer USA Swimming ID. It is important that ID numbers match across meet entries, the team database, and the USA Swimming database.
Please always use your swimmers full, legal name and the correct date of birth. If there is no middle initial or last name four letters or longer, the missing characters are a star (*). John Chu would be mmddyyjoh*chu*.
Below is an explanation of the number and how it is generated.
(1) There is a unique 14 part number assigned to each registered swimmer.
(2) The first 6 digits are the swimmers birth date: mm/dd/yy
(3) The next three letters are the first three letters of athletes legal first name
(4) The next letter is the middle initial
(5) Finally, this is followed by the first four letters of the swimmers last name
Example: Suzanne Eileen Nelson and born Aug 27, 1976 = 082776SUZENELS