USA SWIMMING'S SCHOLASTIC ALL-AMERICA TEAM
2011-2016 Time Standards
The application process for 2013-2014 closed on August 15, 2014. The application for the 2014-2015 Scholastic All-America Team will be available June 1, 2015. The application deadline will be August 15, 2015.
• The only method for application will be the online application on the USA Swimming website.
• Applicants will be required to have a USA Swimming account.
• Qualifying times for the applicant will be validated through the Times on the USA Swimming website (time MUST be in SWIMS).
• Applicant will be required to have a transcript for the COMPLETE academic year available for uploading to the application.
• Applicant must have been a member at the time of the swim and a current member when applying for the 2014-15 SAA team.
• GPA Requirement – minimum 3.5 GPA for the current academic year.
o The Scholastic All America committee members will calculate the GPA based on SAA methods.
o Honors, Advanced Placement, and International Baccalaureate courses will earn one extra Grade Point.
o Grades for academic subjects only are calculated – history/social studies, English, mathematics, sciences, foreign languages, arts (visual and performing), computer sciences. Grades for non-academic courses will NOT be calculated -band, choir, health, driver education, physical education, and any other class marked non-academic on a transcript.
• Pool Requirements
o Applicants must have swum a time equal to a Junior National 2011 bonus time in any event during the SAA qualifying period (August 16, 2014 – August 15, 2015) with qualifying times in SWIMS. The list of times are posted on the USA Swimming website (see links on this page) and in the USA-S Rule Book.
o A qualifying time will be available for selection from the SWIMS database during the application process.
• Disability or Open Water Requirements
o Applicants must have swum at one of the Disability Championship meets or the National Open Water Championships.
Please address all questions regarding the Scholastic All America application process to Betty Kooy, firstname.lastname@example.org.
EXPRESS SWIM TEAM AWARD RECIPIENTS:
2013-14 - GABBY SIMS MADDY SIMS DARIA WICK
2012-13 - GABBY SIMS MADDY SIMS
2011-12 - GABBY SIMS MADDY SIMS
2010-11 - HALEY SIMS
2009-10 - VINCE ERRICHIELLO MIKE REED HALEY SIMS
2008-09 - ADRIENNE BICEK VINCE ERRICHIELLO HALEY SIMS ALEXIS SPIVAK