IMX AND IM READY
IMX is a motivational program that allows swimmers across the nation to compare themselves to the thousands of other athletes in their age group. All they have to do is swim a combination of events, at least one time per season, and USA Swimming will automatically give them their ranking!
IMX CHALLENGE INFORMATION
Once a swimmer has swum all of their required events, the swimmer will be ranked nationally according to their age group. The swimmer is able to search on deck pass or USA Swimming to find their ranking and see who ahead of them and who they are ahead of. Please note that rankings are only for IM Xtreme. Swimmers are not ranked if they only achieved an IMR score.
Swimmer’s IMX and IMR Scores on Deck Pass. You can set-up a linked account through USA Swimming or download the application to your or swimmer’s mobile device.
A Note About IMX & IMR Scores
An IMX or IM Ready score is only established after a swimmer has swum all of the events required for their age group in a sanctioned meet since the start of the current season; both short and long course seasons start September 1 and end August 31 for IMX/IMR purposes.
Additionally, a swimmer must complete all of the events in the same course (SCY or LCM) to have a score in that particular course.
IM READY (IMR)
The first step in the IMX Challenge is IM Ready (or IMR). To get "IM Ready," swimmers compete in a series of five events at shorter distances, as listed below:
9 & Under; 10-year olds: 100 Free, 50 Back, 50 Breast, 50 Fly, 100 IM (SC) or 200 IM (LC)
11-year olds; 12-year olds: 200 Free, 50 Back, 50 Breast, 50 Fly, 100 IM (SC) or 200 IM (LC)
13, 14, 15, 16, 17,& 18-year olds: 200 Free, 100 Back, 100 Breast, 100 Fly, 200 IM
Once each event is completed at least once at an official meet, swimmers can log-in to their Deck Pass Account, and find out where they rank against all the other swimmers on their team. Swimmers do not need to complete the IMReady program to participate in the IM Xtreme. It is simply a stepping stone.
IM XTREME (IMX)
The next step is IM Xtreme (IMX). The IMX ranking includes a series of five or six events at longer distances. Once swimmers have completed the IMX program, swimmers can find out where their IMX score ranks nationally, within their zone, within their LSC rank and on their club.
9 & Under; 10-year olds: 200 Free, 100 Back, 100 Breast, 100 Fly, 200 IM
11-year olds; 12-year olds: 400 Free (LC) or 500 Free (SC), 100 Back, 100 Breast, 100 Fly, 200 IM
13, 14, 15, 16, 17,& 18-year olds: 400 Free (LC) or 500 Free (SC), 200 Back, 200 Breast, 200 Fly, 200 IM, 400 IM
Deck Pass for USA Swimming Members
Swimmers can connect and share with Deck Pass. They can create an account on usaswimming.org and link it to their usaswimming membership.
With Deck Pass for USA Swimming members, swimmers are able to:
- Connect with teammates and coaches who are also using Deck Pass. If they over 13, they can also connect with their Facebook friends so they can share their achievements in the pool with friends and family.
- They can earn digital patches for their accomplishments in the pool. All times from USA Swimming meets are automatically collected and updated in the Deck Pass database.
- Swimmers’ best times are tracked in every event. All times are automatically updated in the Deck Pass database.
- Swimmers can set goals for the season and track progress toward these goals.
- Swimmers can check IMX scores to find out where they rank on our club, in our LSC, in our zone and nationally.
- Swimmers can keep track of their times at their most recent meets.
- They can follow their friends’ activity on Deck Pass through News Feed.