Swimming is a labor intensive sport and our team is dependent on parental support for its continued success. You can fulfill your volunteer obligation by becoming a meet official for our team. We can't run our meets without officials! USA Swimming Officials are almost always parents of swimmers. Parents who want to become more involved in the competitions their athletes attend volunteer their time to become trained as professional swimming officials, and to work on deck at swim meets. No previous experience is required!
Five Reasons to Become an Official
1. You'll be working with the greatest group of volunteers in all sports.
2. You'll be close to the action. The bleachers aren't comfortable anyway!
3. High satisfaction; no pay.
4. It's a great way to meet future Olympians - unless you already have one in your home.
5. Great food in hospitality, and you can't beat the price! You get into all events free!
6. And because we need you to run our meets! It's a great way for parents to really get to know the sport and support our team!
Becoming an Official: /ilposa/UserFiles/File/Becoming%20an%20Official-rev0413.pdf
For more information please contact Kate Donnell or visit the USA Swimming website at http://usaswimming.org/DesktopDefault.aspx?TabId=1506&Alias=Rainbow&Lang=en.