To prevent the spread of COVID-19 during swim team practices, we will be:
- Social distancing is required.
- The number of people on deck in the South Pool (not including the lifeguard) is limited to 14 people for social distancing purposes. If there are more than 14 spectating parents, we will ask those parents to find seating on the North Pool deck.
- Masks are to be worn at all times except when in the water. This includes on the pool deck and to/from the locker rooms.
- Coaches will wear either a face shield or face mask depending on communication needs.
- There will be breaks between practice sessions to allow for cleaning of commonly touched surfaces as well as to prevent too many families from congregating on deck. Please do not arrive to practice more than 5 minutes early.
- Encouraging swimmers to bring their own equipment. NO goggles will be available for swimmers to borrow. Any other borrowed equipment will be disinfected between uses.
- All participants will be temperature checked upon arrival as well as asked to participate in a health screening.
- All group meetings will be virtual.
- Families are encouraged not to socialize on deck or in the locker rooms.
- While weather permits, we encourage everyone to arrive and leave in swim attire. Once weather no longer permits, please do not linger longer than necessary in the locker rooms.
- In the event of a COVID-19 exposure, we work closely with the Winnebago County Health Department and follow all guidelines and recommendations. Families will be notified as deemed necessary by the Winnebago County Health Department.