2017-18 Winter “Virtual” IM/Distance Challenge
2017-18 Virtual IM/Distance Challenge Top Performers
2016-17 VIRTUAL IM/DISTANCE CHALLENGE TOP PERFORMERS
Illinois Swimming wants to identify the state’s top swimmers in long events, build the pipeline to national qualifiers and create
“Pride” in IM & Distance Swimming!
How It Works: From December 16th 2017 through January 7th 2018 any swimmer who swims in a sanctioned or unsanctioned setting may send in their 1000 & 1650 and 400 IM times to be ranked in the Virtual Distance Challenge. (Yes, times from USA Swimming Sanctioned invitational’s & intra squad type meets will both be accepted during this time period)
Events: The VDC will rank all participants and award the top finishers in the 1650 & 1000 Freestyles and the 400IM by single age and gender. **Swimmers may submit a time to participate in one, two or all three of the program events.
*Participation is strictly voluntary and it is up to the individual coaches & clubs to choose whether to sanction these times or not.
When: 1000/1650 Freestyle & 400 IM results may only be submitted between the dates of December 16th 2017 through January 7th 2018
How: Results will be sent to Tony Young email@example.com at the Illinois Swimming office where swimmers will be ranked by (Single age and Gender) their Time.
Ages: All athletes ages 18 & Under
Entry Format: All times and swimmer information must be submitted on the VDC Excel Spreadsheet CLICK HERE
*Incomplete information will not be accepted!!!
Times: Times from the Distance Challenge will not be entered into the SWIMS database as part of this event. As well the Virtual Distance Challenge Results page will not be an acceptable proof to enter the Illinois Swimming Championship meets. *All USA Swimming & Illinois Swimming requirements for sanctioned meets must be followed for times to be submitted into the SWIMS database. ***All Times must be submitted in SCY
- To promote and build excitement and encourage “Pride” in Long IM & Distance Swimming in Illinois.
- Offer increased splashes in events that are traditionally not offered or limited in Illinois Swimming sanctioned meets to provide valuable experience in racing skills & strategies.
- Provide a unique, fun and easy experience that swimmers, coaches, and clubs can take part in a “Virtual” Mid-Season Incentive and gain bragging rights for their IM/Distance programs!
Results & Rankings: 2016-17 VIRTUAL DISTANCE CHALLENGE WINNERS
- Swimmers will be ranked by (Single age and Gender) their Time and/ Hy-tek Power Point Ranking to determine an overall virtual champion in each event by single age and gender.
- Results will be posted on the Illinois Swimming Winter IM/Distance Challenge page:
Awards: Top Finishers will receive a Virtual Winter IM/Distance Champions T-Shirt.
Questions: Please refer all questions to Tony Young firstname.lastname@example.org