Welcome to All of Our New Families!
It is great to see so many new faces on deck this season. In recent seasons, our swimmers and parents have brought a new charge to the team and our continued growth and improvement is positive and exciting! We realize there is a lot going on for the new member, and the following information should help you answer some questions you might have.
The following items are in no particular order, but are things all new members should know.
· Please park in the lot by the tennis courts behind the Senior Academy and enter the Bulldog Aquatic Center through door 10.
· We are guests of Brownsburg High School and should be aware of other programs and students using the facilities in our area. Specifically, please keep the area in front of the main athletic entrance (Door 14) clear and keep all hallways and common areas leading to the athletic facilities clear.
· If you arrive early, please wait for a coach before you enter the pool area.
· If you stay to watch practice, please sit in the bleachers at the end nearest the entrance to the pool. Only swimmers and coaches should be beyond the white drain strips on the pool deck.
· Please supervise all other children in the locker rooms and pool deck. Please have them sit in the stands and away from the water.
· No food or drinks (other than water) on the pool deck.
· Certain situations may arise that will warrant special amendments to these guidelines throughout the year. Please be courteous to the aquatics director, lifeguards, and coaching staff if you are approached about those rules.
There are three types of meets our swimmers will participate in: Intra-squad, dual meet and invitational. Leading up to the respective meets on our schedule, all sorts of information is made available on the club website. Please check the website frequently for information on the events your swimmer(s) is participating in. Below are some items to remember regarding swim meets.
1. All swimmers should be in their team uniform! Our equipment provider is Action Accents, and team suits area available on our custom website with Action Accents. Team caps will be provided to all swimmers by the coaching staff.
2. Swimmers should arrive no less than 15 minutes prior to the meet warm up. This gives them time to change, stretch, and be in the water on time.
3. Only USA Swimming registered individuals are allowed on the pool deck. Parents must remain in the stands during meets. If you want to get involved, become an official.
Parent Education Meetings
Typically at the start of each season, the coaches will hold a parent meeting for all swimmers and parents in their training groups. Below are some (not all) of the items that may be discussed during these meetings.
· Welcome to the club-Please Review the Parent Handbook
· Being a supportive parent to the swimmer and the club
· The Basics-stroke rules & terminology
· Practice-What is going on in the pool? Setting realistic goals
· Equipment-cap & suit care, practice bags
· Nutrition & Staying healthy
· Officiating Clinic
· Signing up for meets-Members Only login
· Finding out more - Programs & Links / Parent Info