Carmel HS and Carmel Swim Club FAQ’s
Thank you for your interest in joining the Carmel High School Swim Team. The Carmel Swimming and Diving Team has enjoyed unprecedented success. This is a difficult and challenging team to be a part of given the physical and mental demands of the schedule, practices and attendance requirements. At the same time, hard work, dedication and a sense of true accomplishments are intrinsically rewarding. This leaves each athlete more prepared for the rigors of life.
The Carmel Swim Club season continues during the high school season, but there are some changes that occur during the Carmel High School Swim Season:
- Practice is mandatory.
- Carmel High School meets are mandatory.
- Attendance at the Sectional Meet and the State Meet are mandatory for the team to which you are a member (boys or girls). It is also highly encouraged for the boys to attend the girls’ championship meets and the girls to attend the boys’ championship meets.
- Waivers – Each swimmer is permitted two waivers to compete in Carmel Swim Club meets during the high school season. Attending the Fall Frenzy meet does NOT count against the waivers. High school competition begins AFTER the Fall Frenzy meet so this meet is not a waiver meet. CHS/CSC swimmers will waiver a meet in early December and the CSC Winter Invite meet in January. The coaching staff will submit the waivers for the meet and you will receive a confirmation email from the IHSAA.
- There are time standards to be on the Carmel High School Swim Team.
- Swimmers must achieve certain time standards in events, complete the season as a member of the team and attend all of the meets to receive a CHS Varsity Letter.
- We practice over winter break and attending practices and meets during this time is mandatory.