New! FRST Technique and Fitness
Technique and Fitness (TF) is FRST’s newest group! TF is geared toward emphasizing your athlete’s knowledge of all four strokes, increasing swimming stamina, and enjoying swimming through various games and challenges.
Interested in TF? Come in to the FCHS Pool for an evaluation Aug 21 or 22 from 5:00-6:30p or contact Head Age Group Coach, Alex Jerden, at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an evaluation!
Key Components of TF:
- 2x per week
- 1 hour sessions
- All 4 strokes
- Racing and Stamina
- No Meets, except FRST Intrasquads in December and March
- Ages 9-14
Technique and Fitness might be for your child if they….
- Are 9-14 years old and can swim at least a 50 of freestyle and backstroke. Must be able to perform dolphin and breaststroke kick.
- Want to learn the competitive strokes, but don’t yet want to or are unsure about committing themselves to our competitive groups.
- Want to be a middle school or high school swimmer and are looking to sharpen their skills for the upcoming season.
- Those kids who have other activities during the week, but can devote 1-2 evenings for swimming!
- Love the water and want to increase their swimming endurance and race!
When is it? What’s the cost?
- Technique and Fitness is 2x per week, Monday and Wednesday from 4:30-5:30pm. Swimmers should arrive at least 10 minutes before the start of practice.
- TF is offered on a monthly basis and is $55/month. TF members will be renewed every month on the 1st of the month. If you are wanting to be removed from the roster and not charged, you must write to our Head Age Group Coach, Alex Jerden @ email@example.com by the 3rd of the month to be refunded the charges incurred on the 1st.
Are there any meets that my TF swimmer can compete in?
- Yes! TF swimmers will be eligible to compete in the December and March Intrasquads held by FRST. Other swimmers at FRST will be competing in additional meets from September thru March – TF swimmers who are interested in these meets must first join our competitive team and attend those practices to be eligible.