HHSC Swimmer Goal Cards are used by our coaches to help our swimmers set goals throughout the season. Without goals, we have nothing to measure our success against. We ask that parents/guardians help their swimmers fill out their cards.
- As soon as your swimmer has recorded swim times, our coaches will fill out a goal card and place it in your swimmer's mail box.
- Goal times are assigned for all events your swimmer has a time for.
- When your swimmer obtains a goal time, write in that time and the name and date of the meet. Place the goal card in Coach Nick's mailbox.
- Your swimmer's coach will then initial it and assign a new goal for that event.
- If your swimmer swims an event for the first time, place that time in the first column (Best Time) and place the card in Coach Nick's mailbox.
- Keep up with the goal cards after each meet. If you are not sure of your swimmer's times, check the wall in the pool after a meet for meet results or the website.
- Please keep the goal cards in your mailbox so they don't get lost.
|Being your best is not so much about overcoming the barriers other people place in front of you as it is about overcoming the barriers we place in front of ourselves. It has nothing to do with how many times you win or lose. It has no relation to where you finish in a race or whether you break world records. But it does have everything to do with having the vision to dream, the courage to recover from adversity and the determination never to be shifted from your goals.
Australian Olympic Gold Medalist