Practice cancelations will be posted on this web site.
Practices will not be canceled unless there is an early MSDMV school dismissal or if it is the most severe of weather conditions such as blizzards and ice storms. Common sense has to be used in poor weather situations. If a coach is willing to be at a practice and families feel safe in getting their swimmers to practice, practice will be held.
In poor weather conditions the following policies will be followed:
1. No one would be required to come to a practice or verbally reprimanded for not attending a practice due to conditions their parents do not feel comfortable to drive in.
2. Each family makes their own decision as to the safety and comfort level they have with driving in unusual weather. We have parents from all over the USA on the team. A person from the upper Midwest or New England might have a very different attitude of safe winter road conditions and levels of driving comfort then a person from the southern part of the USA might have.
3. Some parents have vehicles/tires that are well suited for unstable weather conditions. They chose those vehicles/tires so that they could safely travel the roads in varied conditions.
4. Team members live different distances and have different driving situations to get to the pool. We have members who live a few blocks away and can walk to practice. We also have swimmers who have an hour’s drive. And we have other swimmers who live in rural areas where roads are maintained poorly. Because of these varied situations not everyone can be viewed as the same. Some swimmers have no problem making it to practice while other should not even consider it.
5. Schools are canceled because of the driving conditions in the rural roads. Not everyone lives in those types of areas.