ACST PARENT TIPS
- Pack Extra Goggles for practice/meets
- Pack Extra Suites for practice and meets
- Make sure your kid listens to the Coach
- Let the Coach Coach
- If you have questions pertaining to your child in the water, please ask the Coach or Coaches
- DO NOT WASH SWIM SUIT. Rinse in water and hang by crotch to dry
- Write name on equipment/bags
- Get a mesh bag for equipment, It allows the water to drain and keeps equipment mildew free
- Get a Swim Bag, for Towels, suits, spare goggles, water, etc....(It will come in handy for swim meets to store all their things in plus snacks!)
- Sign up for all our home/hosted meets
- When you have put your name in the time slot, hit save and check to make sure it is correct before exiting
- You DO NOT NEED TO BE A ROCKET SCIENTIST FOR ANY OF THE VOLUNTEER POSITIONS.
- Sign up to attend the meet, but let the Coach choose the swimmers events. You can make notes in the comment section about days you cannot attend or etc....
- Pack extra Goggles
- Pack a extra swimsuit
- Sit with team and support teammates when swimming
- For girl swimmers: have a dedicated suit just for meets.
- Bring snacks to eat such as Granola Bars, Fruit, Water, Gatorade,
- If you child is Disqualified don't fret about it. It happens to the best of swimmers and you just need to be supportive and reassuring
- Make sure your child signs in if their is a positive check in
- Arrive early
- Bring Swim Bag with Meet Gear in it, snacks, waters, towels, change of clothes etc....
- Some pools can be cold, so it might be a good idea for your swimmer to have a hoodie or LARGE towel
- Write name on all personal belongings
- Parents will not be able to accompany your children into the Pool Locker room
- Encourage your children to talk to their coach before/after their swim for feedback
- For the New swimmer it can be advantageous to write their events/heat numbers on their arms with a sharpie marker. The marker will come off with spray on suntan lotion.
- Load up on Carbs about 2 days before your meet by eating Pasta
- Get a good nights sleep before the meet.
- Parents can get the meetmobile app for smart phones. It allows you to track your swimmers events, see their updated times, and where they rank at that meet.
- Billing will occur at 12:01am on the 1st of each month
- Currently we do take credit cards, cash, or check.
- You are welcome to mail your check (8103 East US Highway 36, #232, Avon IN 46123) or place it in our lock box located inside the pool by the stair well. There are envelopes for your convenience.
- Purchase from our Corporate Sponsor "Power Teamwear"
- Can also purchase online from places like swimoutlet.com
- We have End of the season Banquets
- We have a Christmas Party (This is for ALL Developmental and Competitive swimmers/Families)
- We have a Halloween Party (This is for ALL Developmental and Competitive swimmers/Families)
- Other gatherings also take place thru out the year too. Please watch the newsletter for more.
- Please use our sponsors when possible
- Check our webpage under sponsors for exclusive offers for us.
- Follow us on Twitter (@avonswimcoach) or Facebook for announcements
- When School is closed due to weather most likely we will not have practice, but check webpage/emails to confirm
- Check Bulletin Board at Pool often
- Sell your used swim gear or new gear in our Newsletter's classified section.
- Read your online newsletter for more ACST information