BSC Volunteer Requirements
2018 & 2019 Fall & Winter Short Course Season
PLEASE NOTE: FAILURE TO MEET VOLUNTEER REQUIREMENTS WILL RESULT IN A MONETARY FINE AS DESCRIBED IN THE "FINES & FEES" SECTION OF THESE VOLUNTEER REQUIREMENTS.
Fundraising is an important aspect of the Barrington Swim Club. To help with this effort all families are expected, as part of their team commitment to:
- Provide a donation to the “Concession Stand” for Home Meets - per meet needs through email notifications. Home Meets are BSC hosted Meets.
- Volunteer for both Away and Home Meets
- A “session” is defined as a single 5-hour shift at an away or home meet, or any other BSC sponsored event requiring volunteers.
- “Credit” for volunteer hours will be awarded only for “actual” time worked (ie: If you sign up and the host team doesn’t need you – you won’t receive credit for the session.).
BSC will host 3 meets this season.
All 3 meets will be held at the Barrington High School
- The Suzy Gavars Memorial Meet; November 16-18, 2018
- 2019 Winter Classic; January 11-13, 2019
- 2019 ISI Winter Regional Championships; February 22-24, 2019
Volunteering for Away Meets All families are required to volunteer during 2 Away Meet Sessions during the 2018/2019 season. This is a timing position.
Volunteering for Home Meets - Suzy Gavars Memorial and Winter Classic
- All families with a swimmer in either of these Meets are required to volunteer for every session they have swimmer(s) in the water (one parent per session, per family; not per child).
- If your child is not swimming in either of these Meets, there is no volunteer obligation for your family.
Volunteering for Home Meet: ISI Winter Regional Meet
BSC has the privilege of hosting the 2019 ISI Regional Meet during this season. Due to the nature of Regional meets, all families with or without a swimmer in this Meet are required to volunteer according to whichever is greater:
1. For every session a family has a swimmer in the water.
2. OR For the number of swimmers a family has in BSC - as follows:
- Families with one child in BSC are asked to volunteer during 2 Sessions.
- Families with two children in BSC are asked to volunteer during 3 Sessions.
- Families with three or more children in BSC are asked to volunteer during 4 Sessions.
When volunteering is required for a swim meet, a Volunteer Job Sign-up tab will be added to the BSC Event Page next to the applicable swim meet. The tab is activated when job sign-up is open. Once open, families will be notified that they may sign-up to volunteer by clicking on the tab.
- All families are expected to check the BSC website and personal emails for volunteer and concession requirement notifications.
- Volunteer job sign-up for Away Meets will be a few days prior to Meet, or the day before – upon request from hosting team.
- Volunteer job sign-up for Home Meets will open approximately 1 week before each meet, and will close approximately 3 days before the first day of the meet.
- Sign up early if you have a job preference for Home Meets!
- All families not “signed up” at the close of sign-up for Home Meets will be assigned slots as determined by the volunteer coordinators. An email will be sent to each family notifying them of their assigned job.
- Volunteer Coordinators may shift assigned jobs as needed to fill as many positions as possible. Affected families will be notified beforehand.
Fines and Fees
- Please remember, WE DON’T WANT YOUR MONEY - WE NEED YOUR HELP!!
- The Club reserves the right to access a fee or fine families who don’t fulfill their volunteer obligations, or who don’t “show up” to volunteer as assigned.
- During the season, any family that doesn’t meet their volunteer obligations will be fined $400 per meet, and will be immediately billed.
- Any volunteer who does not “show up” to any singly assigned slot at an Away Meet will be fined $150.
- As a provision, BSC will allow a family to “opt out” of their volunteer obligation for one season for $800 (though, we really want your service not your money).
Please direct questions to Volunteer Coordinators
Cory Sesko ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) or Rachelle Verone ( email@example.com )