BSC Volunteer Requirements
2018 Spring and Summer Long Course Season
PLEASE NOTE: FAILURE TO MEET VOLUNTEER REQUIREMENTS WILL RESULT IN A MONETARY FINE AS DESCRIBED IN THE "FINES & FEES" SECTION OF THESE VOLUNTEER REQUIREMENTS
Fundraising is an important aspect of the Barrington Swim Club. To help with this effort all families are required, as part of their team commitment, to:
- provide a donation to the “Concession Stand” for Home Meets - per meet needs through email notifications. Home Meets are BSC hosted Meets.
volunteer for full sessions at both Home and Away Meets.
A “session” is defined as a single 5-hour shift at an away or home meet, or any other BSC sponsored event requiring volunteers.
“Credit” for volunteer hours will be awarded only for “actual” time worked (ie: if you sign up and the host team doesn’t need you – you won’t receive credit for the session).
Volunteering for Home Meets - BSC will host 1 meet this season:
1. 2018 Stars on the Water Summer Splash: June 15, 16, 17 (Father's Day Weekend)
This meet will be held offsite at the Pleasant Prairie RecPlex, Wisconsin
- All families with a swimmer in this meet are required to volunteer for every session they have a swimmer in the water.
- Families without a swimmer in the Meet may be required to volunteer during 1 session per BSC registered swimmer.
- Families with 2 or more swimmers in the same session(s) are only required to work during the session(s) their swimmers are racing.
- Due to the format of this meet we will have 3 sessions per day to fill with volunteers. Families with swimmers who make finals will also be expected to work during the finals sessions they have a swimmer in the water.
Volunteering for Away Meets - Families are required to volunteer for 1 session at any Away Meet during the season - that they have a swimmer racing. This is a timing position.
All families are expected to check the BSC website and personal emails for volunteer and concession requirement notifications.
Volunteer job sign-up for Away Meets will be a few days prior to Meet, or the day before – upon request from hosting team.
Volunteer job sign-up for Home Meets will open approximately 1 week before each meet, and will close approximately 3 days before the first day of the meet.
Sign up early if you have a job preference for Home Meets!
All families not “signed-up” at the close of sign-up for Home Meets may be assigned slots as determined by the Volunteer Coordinator(s).
Volunteer Coordinator(s) may shift assigned jobs as needed to fill as many positions as possible. Affected families will be notified beforehand.
- During the season, any family that doesn’t meet their volunteer obligations will be fined $400 per meet, and will be immediately billed.
Any volunteer who does not “show up” to any singly assigned slot at an Away Meet will be fined $150.
As a provision, BSC will allow a family to “opt out” of their volunteer obligation for one season for $800 (though, we really want your service not your money).
By enrolling as a member of BSC, you acknowledge that you have read the BSC Volunteer Requirements for this swim season, and are committed to its defined expectations.
Please direct any questions to Volunteer Coordinators:
Cory Sesko - firstname.lastname@example.org / Stacy Huggins - email@example.com