Parent Code of Conduct
As a Parent of the Fishers Area Swimming Tigers (FAST), I will abide by the following code of conduct:
- Commit to the FAST Tiger Mission, the Tiger Vision, and demonstrate the Tiger values of: TEAM, Integrity, Grit, Excellence, Respect, and Sportsmanship.
- Practice teamwork with all parents, swimmers, and coaches by supporting the values of cooperation, loyalty, commitment, and hard work.
- As a parent, I will not coach or instruct the team or any swimmer at practice or meets (from the stands or any other area) or interfere with coaches on the pool deck.
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship by conducting myself in a manner that earns the respect of my child, other swimmers, parents, officials, and the coaches at meets and practices.
- Enjoy involvement with the FAST team by supporting the swimmers, coaches and other parents with positive communications and actions.
- Maintain self-control at all times and know my role.
- Swimmers – swim,
- Coaches - coach,
- Officials – officiate,
- Parents –parent.
- Any communication with the coaching staff will occur either before or after a swim practice or meet session.
- During meets, questions or concerns regarding decisions made by meet officials or coaches will be held until the end of the meet session, and will be directed to a member of the FAST coaching staff only.
- If you have a problem with any coach, swimmer, parent, or official within FAST, then immediately you will bring it to the attention of your child’s coach, first. If that is unsatisfactory bring it to the attention of the head coach. If you’re still not satisfied with the response, then submit in writing a formal complaint to the FAST executive board. All such issues must be documented, signed, and dated.
- Use of audio or visual recording, including a cell phone camera, is not allowed in changing areas, restrooms, locker rooms, or on the pool deck.
- There is no consumption of alcohol, tobacco products, or illegal drugs at any FAST event.
- FAST will not tolerate sexual harassment or intolerance of any kind, including but not exclusive to harassing others because of race, ethnicity, socio-economic status, and/or sexual orientation/identification.
- Parents will comply with the FAST social media and electronic communication policies, which can be found in the FAST parent handbook.