Add a cell number for SMS/Texting
To add a cell number for texting messages please follow the steps below. Ideally an account holder will perform the below steps, as it requires retrieving a verification code from their cell phone and entering it on the site.
- Go to My Account > My Account
- To add an SMS number for one of the athletes in the account, click their name; otherwise stay on the current screen
- You will see a box for “Email and Text Messaging Setup.” Click the Add SMS button to the right of the box.
- Fill in the Cell Number and Cell Carrier in the pop up and click the Send button
- If you have a Tracfone, use this website to identify your carrier http://preprepaid.com/whichtracfonecarrier.php
- A pop up will say that a text has been sent to the cell number for verification
- Check your cell phone for this message and note the Verification / Validation code. Note that some cell carriers can take awhile to deliver the message.
- Enter this number in the “Verification Code” field and click Verify. This MUST be done for the number to be activated for use through OnDeck, the Text Message application.
- The cell number will appear in the box with the “Verified” checkbox checked
- The team admin cannot do this entirely for you due to the step of receiving the verification text on your phone.
- If you have trouble setting up your phone for text messaging, please contact the team administrator.
Setup Video Tutorial Link