Please note the important changes to our registration process!
In person registration for NEW RESIDENT FAMILIES will be on:
DATE: March 21st
TIME: Open at 2 pm
Thank-you for choosing to join the Quail Hill Barracudas! We have excellent coaching staff and are sure that your child(ren) will become stronger swimmers while having fun and meeting new friends. Our season starts June 1st and concludes August 8th with a Championship meet. There are 5 practices per week (you can attend as many or as little of the practices as you want) and 6 swim meets on Saturdays throughout the summer. Some fun events over the summer will include a team bonding parties, otter pop Mondays, Swim-a-thon and a cocktail party for the adults! We are a volunteer run non-profit organization. If you or a company you know would like to sponsor the team please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for a sponsorship package. Anyone who finds a sponsor for $500 or more will receive a free registration fee!
Please read this document carefully and if you have any questions about the registration process please reach out to us at email@example.com. We will respond within 24 - 48 hours.
Children must be between the ages of 5 and 18 as of June 1st, 2020. Registration is open to children whose parent(s)/legal guardian(s) reside in Quail Hill.
Please look at our practice schedule, fees and volunteer requirements prior to registration.
Overview of the Process:
Registration will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Families that are not immediately able to join the team in the event that all spots are filled may place their name on an interest list.
- Pre-Registration: Fill out the pre-registration form and upload documents.
- Paperwork processed: Swimmers information and required paperwork will be processed and you will receive an email indicating that you have been cleared to register.
- Online registration with QHST and Irvine Swim League. After pre-registration, you will be given an invitation to register online. Please be sure that you enter your correct email address and phone number during registration.
- Pay registration and ISL fees. During online registration you will have the choice of making your payment via check or credit card. If you choose credit card you will be charged a $0.30 + 2.95% service fee in addition to your registration fees.
*Checks are to be dropped off at 503 Luminous and placed in the lockbox.
Due to recent COVID-19 issues we are aware that some of our families have been negatively impacted financially. All families will be given until April 3rd to submit payment. If you need to postpone payment due to the COVID-19 crisis, please make arrangements at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put "Payment Arrangements" in the subject line. If you choose to pay by credit card it will be charged at time of registration - choose check if you need to delay payment.
Step 1: Preregister online. We encourage you to complete this step prior to March 21st. Open spots on the team are available on a first come first serve basis and you will receive your invite to register after this step has been completed and verified. All families who have completed this step before March 21st will receive their invite to register at 2 pm on March 21st. We will be available on March 21st from 2 pm to 4 pm for immediate response if you have question or run into problems. Email email@example.com for assistance. If you register after the registration event you will receive a response in 24 to 48 hours.
- Fill out this form.
- Upload: (Rename your files with your last name).
- each swimmer's birth certificate
- IUSD contacts page print out OR 2 different proofs of Irvine residency (from 2020).
Step 2: On-line Registration on our QHST website (after completing pre-registration):
A - Family and Swimmer Information
We will email you with a link. You will be prompted to create a password unique to your family. Log in with your newly created password. Fill out family and swimmer information.
B - Swim Team Policies
Please read and agree to Code of Conduct, Parent Obligation, Waivers and Policies, Refund and Volunteer Policies. If you don't understand/agree, please contact us so we can explain the policies. Agreement to swim team policies is a condition of membership.
C - Volunteer Shifts
You will sign up for volunteer shifts. Volunteering is a condition of membership unless you have chosen the volunteer buy out option (limited). Because of the failure of many families to fulfill their volunteer obligations we are forced to resort to collecting a $350 volunteer deposit check upfront from each family. In the event the family does not fulfill their volunteer requirements, we will not return the deposit and their swimmers will be excluded from further team participation in both practices and meets for the current and future seasons. These checks are only deposited in the event that your family does not complete their volunteer shifts.
Others are counting on you and not showing up causes unnecessary delays for both teams.
D - Purchases
Purchase products. Team swimsuits are required. You will receive and email regarding swimsuit purchases after your registration is complete.
The fees for the 2020 season are:
$250 per resident swimmer
$230 for additional resident siblings
$50 Fee for Irvine Swim League. QHST is part of ISL, a nonprofit organization.
We will be collecting a $350 volunteer deposit check that we will shred at the end of the season once all volunteer obligations have been fulfilled.
Please make check payable to "Quail Hill Swim Team". These will need to be dropped off at 503 Luminous in the lockbox.
Again, please inquire about our sponsorship opportunities to defray the costs of registration.
Consider finding a sponsorship. For every silver sponsorship, one swimmer of the sponsored family will get a free registration.
Acceptable Residency Verification Documents:
All new swimmers must provide residency verification for the current season. The following will be accepted as verification of City of Irvine residence.
- Print out of your IUSD Aeries system contacts page - sign into Aeries > open the "Student Info" menu and select the "Contacts" tab > make sure your swimmer's name in the gray banner near the top of the page > print this page.
Two different documents from the list below will be accepted as proof of residence. P.O. Box addresses are NOT accepted. Utility bills must be from the current year.
- Current electric bill - both parts, top and bottom, in English or verification of electrical service connection.
- Current Southern California Gas bill - both parts, top and bottom, in English or verification of gas service connection.
- Current cable bill - both parts, top and bottom, in English.
- Current official Property Tax forms or Income Tax correspondence - The address to which these documents were mailed must match the address that is being used to establish residency.
- Current water - both parts, top and bottom, in English.
- Current payroll stub - both name and address must appear on payroll stub.
- Current Social Services documents
- If you are a renter and do not pay utilities because it is included in the rent, we will need a letter from the lessor and/or a copy of the rental agreement stating that utilities are included.
- In the case of purchasing a home under construction, a New Communities K-12 Enrollment Address Verification form may be obtained at the sales office and will be accepted as temporary residency verification.
*Note: In the event a utility service connection is used as proof of residency, then a utility bill - both parts, in English - must be provided within 45 days to assure continued enrollment.
Swimmers who live outside Irvine but are currently enrolled in an Irvine school must provide their school transcript for verification.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions. Please put in your subject Registrar Questions.
If your swimmer is a club swimmer (ie, Nova, Azot, JCC, MVN), please let the team registrar know. Special procedures have to be followed depending on the situation.
SCS Unattach Form