(Updated April 24, 2021)
Please understand that the process of managing and understanding and tracing an outbreak/exposure is an ever-evolving process. Each incident will be taken at the level of exposure as well as by medical professionals, IDPH, OSHA, Facility Protocols and whatever we need to consider.
If anyone in your house is awaiting on test results, experiencing symptoms or currently under a quarantine - please refrain from attending in-person programming until those restrictions relinquish.
Please keep the well-being of the team at heart and do not hesitate to report exposure to the coaching staff. All patients will be kept confidential and our goal is to put the safety of the team and community first, training and conditioning second.
What is our current team protocol in the event of an outbreak or possible exposure?
Regular communication will be sent to exposed athletes and a general communication issued to the team within 48 hours. Medical staff is consulted for protocol and quarantine requirements.
Every case is unique and is evaluated on its own merit.
Please report any exposures/contact or active tests to our staff immediately.
Safety Director - [email protected]
- Athlete Positive - Positive athlete with symptoms must have negative PCR test to return or cleared by doctor after 10 days of quarantine from test date and 72 hours of symptom free; Asymptomatic may return in 10 days from test date with doctors note; Must be asymptomatic for 72 hours prior to return regardless.
- Family/Household Member Positive - Athlete out until household member released from quarantine/isolation; Athlete must be asymptomatic for 72 hours prior to return. Negative PCR test prior to return STRONGLY encouraged.
- Close Contact with Positive person - Athlete out 7 days if asymptomatic; Negative test encouraged after 5 days from exposure. Symptoms will default to positive protocol. Athlete must be asymptomatic for 72 hours prior to return
- School/Generic Contact - Athlete out as with school recommendation; test if symptoms only. Athlete must be asymptomatic for 72 hours prior to return
- Travel - Orange States - 10 day quarantine OR 7 days quarantine plus test 5 days after return (negative); Yellow states - no quarantines. Athletes must be 72 hours asymptomatic prior to return to programming regardless of State
- Vaccinated Athletes/Coaches - Permitted to return without PCR test, regardless of state, asymptomatic 72 hours out prior to return if there are unvaccinated household members..
Positive Contact within the Practice Setting
In the event of notification of an athlete attending a workout and finding out that they were contagious or positive with or without symptoms at a workout - we will suspend all athletes in close contact from the workout that the athlete participated in for 7 days. Exposed athletes who develop symptoms during quarantine will require a negative test to return to workouts OR a note from the doctor + 72 hours of symptom-free existence prior to return after the 14 day quarantine.
Coaches (unless fully vaccinated) with direct extended close contact with the athlete will also need to quarantine for 7 days and will need get tested for Covid-19. Fully Vaccinated coaches and athletes can return provided no symptoms occur.
Tests should occur no earlier than 5 days after exposure to the positive athlete.
Other practice groups at the site on that day will be notified of possible exposure and will be asked to keep an eye out for symptoms. They will not need to quarantine.
To return to workout - athletes will a positive test will need to be asymptomatic for 72 hours prior to return after the recommended quarantine, have documented negative test results OR have a note from their physician stating that they are no longer contagious.
We have to work with multiple organizations and the appropriate response may take time
CDC, IHSA, IDPH and more...
Changing dynamics may result in a longer timeframe for decisions to be made
Facility protocol will differ from location to location
We will more than likely have to change our response as cases & government restrictions warrant and there will not be a consistency between exposure
This will inevitably happen multiple times.
Patience, Empathy and Understanding is key for both staff and the affected family.
Should athletes need to make-up a missed workout or need special one-time accomodations - athletes may only attend workout groups associated with the similar grade levels.
D (2-4th); A (5th-6th); JR (7-8th); SR (HS); 14U (6-8th); Masters (Real world)
Any adjustment in participation must be approved by coaches of both groups to ensure that numbers in workouts do not exceed facility restrictions.
No exceptions for vaccinated athletes will be made at this time.
As a reminder - while vaccines are more accessible and they are closer to approval for a wider age bracket, not everyone has been approved or is able to recieve the vaccine, nor does the vaccine ensure 100% prevention against contraction or transmission of covid, especially in individuals with pre-existing conditions.
Covid-19 is a very unfriendly and merciless disease and the new variants are more transmissible.
Previous contraction of Covid does not ensure protection from the newer variants, and a vaccine is still encouraged for those individuals.
We STRONGLY encourage everyone who is eligible and able to get a vaccine to do so as soon as possible.
Please continue to wear masks, practice responsible social distancing and wash your hands.
CLICK HERE for the CDC website on the vaccine.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.