All new age group athletes must go through a tryout in order to join NTA. Tryouts are offered prior to the start of the Short Course Season (late August) and the Long Course Season (early April) each year. Information regarding exact dates and times of tryouts are posted on the NTA website a month prior to the tryout dates.
Athletes looking to join our Masters program are encouraged to try out up to three practices prior to joining the program.
Athletes moving into the NTHS district in the middle of a season may receive a tryout at any time by emailing Coach Alexis Keto at email@example.com.
The NTA Registration Policy is below.
New Trier Aquatics Registration Policy
1. Swimmers must be at least 5 years old in order to tryout for a spot on NTA.
2. Swimmers must able to pass the minimum swimming requirements set by the coaching staff at the time of the tryouts to be eligible for admission to the club.
The following priorities will be used as guidelines for acceptance of swimmer groups:
1. In-district* active* NTA swimmers registering for a full season swim package and registering by the deadline.
2. In-district* active* NTA swimmers registering for a partial package and registering by the deadline.
3. Out-of-district* active* NTA swimmers registering for a full season package and registering by the deadline.
4. Out-of-district* active* NTA swimmers registering for a partial package and registering by the deadline.
5. Siblings of active* in-district* NTA swimmers registering for a full season swimming package and registering by the deadline.
6. Siblings of active* in-district* NTA swimmers registering for a package and registering by the deadline.
7. In-district* new swimmers registering by the deadline.
8. Siblings of out-of-district* active* NTA swimmers registering by the deadline.
9. Out-of-district* new swimmers registering by the deadline.
10. Any swimmer registering after the deadline, if space is available on a first come first served basis.
In-district: A swimmer who is living in the New Trier School District.
Active Club Member: A swimmer who has been registered with and swimming with New Trier Aquatics in the past season and has not joined another USS swimming team.
Out-of-district: A swimmer who lives outside of the New Trier School District.
Full season swimming packages: include all full age group packages, junior boys and girls, and high school girls and boys.
1. Membership is limited to any resident of New Trier Township unless the Board, in its discretion, considers and offers membership to other swimming candidates.
2. NTA is not obligated to accept any candidate applying for membership regardless of residency.
3. In making any determinations regarding membership, NTA Board of Directors shall consider the best interests of NTA and its current members, consistent with the goals and purposed of NTA. Prior decisions and exemptions made by the Board do not set precedent that the Board is obligated to follow in the future.
Late Registration Policy
Any existing swimmer registering during the identified “Late Registration” period will be charged a $50.00 late fee.
Any existing swimmer failing to register during the identified “Registration” or “Late Registration” period, will be REQUIRED to attend an identified “NTA Tryout” as well as the identified “New Swimmer Registration” session in order to secure their spot on the team.