RED CROSS LIFE-GUARDING CLASSES
Dates and Times:
2019 spring class dates will be announced this fall
There has to be a minimum of 3 participants for each class to be held. If there are less than 3 participants in a class I have to ask the participants to register for another class that meets the minimum of 3.
$350 - Can be paid by cash or check, (written out to PAWW INC.) can be given to the instructor on the first day of the class.
Central Park Pool
415 W. Richmond Ave, Peoria, IL 61604
Enter through the front doors and turn left onto the pool deck.
Provide entry-level participants the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies and to provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries and sudden illnesses until EMS personnel take over.
- Minimum age: 15
- Swim 300 yards continuously
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs
- Complete a timed event in under 1 minute, 40 seconds: Starting in the water swim 20 yards then surface dive underwater to retrieve a 10-pound object, then return to the surface and swim 20 yards on your back to return to the starting point. Must exit the water without using a ladder.
- All materials needed for the course will be given to you on the first day.
- The class will be made up of 9 lessons and 2 tests; a 40 question CPR/first aid test and a 35 question life-guarding test. Must receive a score of 80% or higher on each test to pass.
- Class size is limited to 10 participants, so sign up quickly!!
Please note that classes will most likely finish before the listed ending time on each day. Per the Red Cross, we have to allow a certain amount of time to run these courses.
To sign up for a class, please email instructor Coleton Schrock at firstname.lastname@example.org with the participants' name and which class they will be signing up for and he will give you more information regarding the class.