Valparaiso Swim Club uses an age group program designed to develop the child physically, mentally and emotionally in a organized, step-by step way.
A well-defined, long-term approach of gradually increasing performance levels and technique is crucial for optimal performance during a swimmer’s physiological and psychological prime.
The emphasis in the early stages of participation must be placed on developing technical skills and a love for the sport.
We do not promote swimming miles and miles with bad strokes and awful technique. Efficient swimming comes first...Later, a more demanding physical and psychological challenge is introduced to the training program. ‘Too much too soon’ is more often the cause of failure to achieve maximum potential in a senior swimmer and can cause "BURN-OUT"....
VSC promotes Pride-Excellence-Commitment-and great Sportsmanship!
We take great pride in our team, our families, our community and are dedicated to building a strong character in and out of the water.
There are many benefits to getting your child involved in competitive swimming, including:
- Swimming promotes time management and they are among the top academically-achieving athletes.
-Swimming promotes physical development.
- Swimming develops aerobic endurance and is one of the most beneficial forms of cardiovascular exercise.
- Swimming enhances a child’s natural flexibility and promotes muscle development.
- Swimming develops superior coordination.
- Swimming is the most injury-free of all children’s sports.
- Swimming is a sport that will bring children fitness and enjoyment for life.