Practice Observation by Parents
Parents are welcome to observe PST practice sessions from the picnic area above the teaching pool. Please read through the following guidelines so that you are assisting the PST coaching staff in providing the ideal training environment for our athletes.
- The PST practice environment is much like a classroom environment at your child’s school. Please consider that as you observe the session and respect the teaching/training environment the staff is committed to fostering.
- Parents should not attempt to communicate with their child during a practice session. If an emergency arises, please approach the coach first and request the removal of your swimmer from the practice session.
- Please do not approach the coaching staff with general questions or concerns during a practice session. The coach’s attention to the lesson/practice plan for the day and the safety and instruction of the entire group should be their focus. A coach will make every reasonable effort to answer your questions outside of practice time. You may direct any question to the Head Coach via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parents are not swim coaches and should not participate in coaching the swimmers at practices or meets. The PST coaching staff is professionally certified and uniquely qualified to provide instruction and feedback to your swimmers. Please respect these boundaries and don’t hesitate to ask questions if you don’t understand something that you are observing in practice or at meets.
- Parents are expected to respect the rules of the Paducah Athletic Club (PAC). You should review the PAC rules regarding PST members by clicking on the appropriate link under the Parent Menu of this website. Please ensure that any siblings of PST swimmers are abiding by these rules and respecting the practice environment described above.