Discover the world of competitive swimming!
The Discovery Program is a pre-competitive group offered from September through April that will introduce swimmers to the fun and exciting world of competitive swimming.
Swimmers will learn
- Stroke mechanics and the proper techniques of the four competitive strokes: Freestyle, Backstroke, Breaststroke, Butterfly.
- Introduction to competitive racing skills include: Starts, Turns, Finishes.
- Ages: 5 – 14
- Discovery 1: Ages 5 - 10
- Discovery 2: Ages 11 - 14
Groups come twice a week. You will have the opportunity to pick either Monday/ Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday
Monday/Wednesday practice times
- Discovery 1: 4:15 pm - 5:00 pm
- Discovery 2: 5:00 pm - 5:45 pm
Tuesday/Thursday practice times
- Discovery 1: 5:15 pm - 6 pm
- Discovery 2: 5:15 pm - 6 pm
There is a $50.00 registration fee which will include (1 cap and 3 TG t-shirts), then a flat fee of $70.00 per month that will be charged to a credit/debit card that will remain on file.
Swimmers will have the opportunity to swim in two regular swim meets for an additional fee. ( Details will be given out by coaches )
ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR DISCOVERY BEGINS 8/13, AND OUR SEASON BEGINS 9/4. You may register online at any time (after 8/13), Discovery is a monthly program, and swimmers may join throughout the year. REGISTER ONLINE HERE.
If you are new to Discovery or do not know whether to sign up for Discovery 1 or Discovery 2, or just need more information please contact Coach Karl @ 864-679-7946 extension 18 or kkozicki@ greenvillecounty.org