Online Swim Meet Safety Kit
Information and resources to help promote safety at swim meets
The contents of this kit are not intended as legal or medical advice
Utah Swimming Meet Safety Plan (Click to access)
Meet DIRECTOR Safety Information (Click to access)
Meet REFEREE Safety Information (Click to access)
Swim Meet Safety Resources
Print and post signs at your meet venue. Modify if needed. Print and post as many as needed.
Swim Meet Safety Signs Kit (Includes all signs below)
Instructions and Guidelines
Share the following with coaches and officials during a pre-meet briefing.
Give meet volunteers the information they need to do a good job and help those around them be safe. Often, a few experienced people run swim meets helped by many less experienced volunteers. Using a training agenda enables others with less experience to step up and help out more.
- TIMER Instructions (If you already have Timer Instructions you prefer, use them. Just add the highlighted safety instruction lines from these to yours.)
- MEET MARSHAL Instructions
- Club Swim Meet SAFE DECK Plans
- Safe Deck Plans designate where spectators may sit at swim meets. Every club has one. Click title, or here, to access. Plans are listed by host club abbreviation.
- A coach or club leader may update a club Safe Deck Plan by emailing it to the Utah Swimming Safe Sport and Operational Risk Chair. (Click "Governance" > "Board of Directors" above to get contact info.)
To use, first review the announcements. Delete any which don’t apply to your meet. If needed, add others. Give the sheet to the meet announcer and ask him/her to make the announcements throughout the meet.
Concussion Management at Meets
Utah Swimming Concussion Management Plan
Post Head Injury Instructions
Possible Concussion at the Pool?
- Utah state law requires the removal of a child participant suspected of sustaining a concussion or a traumatic head injury from all sporting events. It also requires written medical clearance before the child returns to participation. The full text of the bill may be viewed at http://le.utah.gov/~2011/bills/hbillenr/hb0204.pdf
For more see: Utah Swimming CONCUSSION MANAGEMENT Resources and To Do's
Make a Report