2021-2022 REGISTRATION INFORMATION
2021-2022 TRAINING GROUPS
The PRE-TEAM will be registered from September thru February. Swimmers in this group are age 10 & under and are new to the sport. The goal of this group is stroke development and fun.
Swimmers must be able to complete 50 yards freestyle and 25 yards backstroke. They must also have a working knowledge of breaststroke and butterfly.
Novice Age Group Team
The NOVICE TEAM will be registered September thru May. Swimmers in this group are age 12 & under and have minimal competitive experience. The goal of this group is to build a strong foundation of swimming skills and a love of the sport. The focus is on stroke development and fun!
Swimmers must be able to complete 100 yards of freestyle with good breathing and 25 yards of backstroke, breaststroke, and butterfly. USA Swimming registration is optional.
Advanced Age Group Team
The ADAVANCED AGE GROUP TEAM will be registered from September thru May. Swimmers in this group are 12 & under and have some competitive experience. The goal of this group is to further the development of all four strokes, starts, and turns. The focus of this group is on stroke mechanics and conditioning.
Swimmers must be able to complete 200 yards freestyle, 50 yards backstroke, and a legal length of breaststroke and butterfly. Swimmers must also be able to dive and do a flip turn. USA Swimming registration is optional.
The JUNIOR TEAM will be registered from September thru May with an option to swim thru July. This group is for swimmers age 13 and older who have significant competitive experience. It includes multi-sport high school swimmers who have commitments to other sports and activities. This group will focus on refining stroke mechanics and increasing training intensity.
Swimmers in this group must be able to make 5 x 100’s freestyle on an interval of 1:45 or faster. They should attend four practices per week. USA Swimming registration is optional.
The SENIOR TEAM will be registered from September thru July. This group is for swimmers age 13 & older who are willing to make a more serious commitment to the sport. The goal of this group is to prepare swimmers for success in their high school program and the YMCA and USA Swimming circuits. They will have challenging workouts with a focus on preparation for advanced competition. In addition to seven swim practices, they will also have supervised strength training two days per week.
Swimmers in this group must be able to make 8 x 100’s freestyle on an interval of 1:25 or faster. This year we are encouraging them to train year-round and maintain practice attendance of 80% or higher. This will be a requirement as we move forward. USA Swimming registration is required.
- Fees will be paid monthly beginning September 15th.
- Families with two or more swimmers will have 10% deducted for each additional swimmer. The deduction applies to the swimmer training at the lowest level.
- Meet entry fees will be charged to your Team Unify account following each meet.
- Families are responsible for the entire balance of the season that they committed to regardless of swimmer attendance. Swimmers who withdrawal from the program for medical reasons must submit a doctor’s excuse.
Annual Registration Fee
- $75 due at time of registration
YMCA Membership Fees
- Youth $15.50/month
- Teen $23.25/month
- Family $76/month
- PRE-TEAM $282 ($47/month for 6 months)
- NOVICE $572 ($71.50/month for 8 months)
- ADVANCED $698 ($87.30/month for 8 months)
- ADVANCED YEAR-ROUND $873 ($87.30/month for 10 months)
- JUNIOR $788 ($98.50/month for 8 months)
- JUNIOR YEAR-ROUND $985 ($98.50/month for 10 months)
- SENIOR $1215 ($121.50/month for 10 months)
- Swimmers are required to participate in three YMCA meets and the YSCAP league championships.
- Swimmers who qualify for Districts, States, and Nationals are required to attend.
- Participation in USA Swimming meets is optional for all groups except the Senior Team.
Families are required to work four hours at our YMCA meets and/or other team events throughout the year AND at least 2 sessions at our Summer Storm Meet. Families who choose not to work at the Summer Storm Meet may opt out by paying $200 at the beginning of the season. Families who do not fulfill their volunteer requirement at the conclusion of the Summer Storm will be billed $100/session.
Families are required to raise a minimum of $100 at our annual Laps for Lightning fundraiser.