We offer 4 different levels within our swim lesson program. Level 1 is for beginners who must be at least 4 years of age. Level 4 is for our most advanced Learn-To-Swim students, but who are not quite ready to join our swim team.
To find out which level your swimmer(s) will be best fit for, please see the advancement goals of each level below.
Swimmers must be proficient in ALL the Advancement Goals within that Level before they can move on to the next Level. Some swimmers may have to stay in a level for more than one round of lessons in order to accomplish all objectives and move on to the next level.
Level 1 (Advancement Goals):
- 10 relaxed bobs with air exchange
- Front Float (10+ seconds) with recovery to standing position
- Back Float (10+ seconds) with recovery to standing position
- Front Glide in streamline from ready position (5+ seconds in proper body position)
- Back Glide in streamline from ready position (5+ seconds in proper body position)
Level 2 (Advancement Goals):
- Front Kick in Streamline (15 feet)
- Back Kick in Streamline (15 feet)
- Side-Glide-Kick (20+ feet, Right arm lead, Left arm lead)
- Front Crawl (20 feet, no breath)
- Tread water (1 minute)
Level 3 (Advancement Goals):
- Freestyle (30 ft w/side breathing)
- Backstroke (30 ft)
Level 4 (Advancement Goals):
- Freestyle with bilateral breathing (25 yds)
- Backstroke (25 yds)
- Breaststroke (20 yds)
Our goal is for your swimmer to progress as effectively and quickly as possible. As such, if your child graduates a Level early, we will move them up mid-session if necessary and if space allows. If your swimmer is more advanced than Level 4, they may be ready for our Futures group, which is the first level of our swim team.
The USA Swimming Flex membership allows for this upgrade to happen easily. PSC Swim team group descriptions may be found HERE.