USA Swimming is the national governing body of competitive swimming in the United States. All leagues (SAL, Age group programs, etc.) follow USA rules and regulations.
To participate in TOPS USA Swimming, the swimmers must meet the following criteria:
1. Express interest, to a TOPS Coach, about participating in USA Swimming.
2. Have a BB Short Course Time in a given event. Swimmer is to be no younger than nine years old.
3. Demonstrate discipline in practice and attend the recommended number of practices
4. Exhibit age appropriate maturity in practice and TOPS chosen USA meets.
5. Adhere to the Athlete Code of conduct.
6. Plan and choose events in the TOPS chosen USA meets.
Participation in USA Swimming requires an annual fee of $175.00 to cover the swimmer USA membership and other fees associated with USA Swimming. In addition to this fee, payment for event fees must be paid when directed.
Are you considering USA Swimming? Ask yourself these pertinent questions before approaching a coach about participating in USA.