2019 MA Silver Championships hosted by GPAC
MEET INFORMATION PAGE
Below you will find up to date information regarding the GPAC hosted MA Silver Championships at GCIT March 22-24, 2019
Scroll down for updated meet notes.
1) Admissions will be free for all patrons on Friday night. All swimmers in Friday's session must provide their own timer.
2) Admission will be $7 per day on Saturday and Sunday.
3) There will be no meet programs sold, the entire meet program (including finals each night) will be available through the Meet Mobile app free of charge.
3) All events on Friday night require positive check in. All check in will open when warm-ups begin at 3:30 pm. Check in will close for those events as follows:
11-12 500 Free 4:00 pm
13-19 500 Free 4:00 pm
10 & Under 500 Free 4:30 pm
11-12 400 IM 6:00 pm
13-19 400 IM 6:00 pm
4) All individual events for the 11-12, 13-14, and 15 & Over age group on Saturday and Sunday will be conducted in a prelims-finals format. Swimmers will have 30 minutes from the time results are announced to declare their intention to scratch or scratch from that event. If a swimmer fails to scratch and does not show for Finals, they will be removed from all events for the rest of the meet (including relays). All swimmers, coaches, and parents are responsible for reviewing and understanding the rules regarding the prelims-finals format and scratch procedure as stated in the meet information.
5) All relays are timed finals and swim with prelims. Coaches are responsible for submitting relay names prior to the start of the event.
6) Deck access and safety procedures will be strictly enforced. Please see the linked document above for that information. Teams must keep all doorways as well as walking access to all doorways clear. Coaches must show valid credentials and a photo ID to receive a wristband. If credentials are not available, we will reference the list of certified MA Coaches provided by the MA Office. If you are not on the list or one (or more) of your certs is invalid, you will not be given access to the pool deck whatsoever.
All of this is being done for the safety of the swimmers as well as everyone on the pool deck. That is the most important aspect of this meet!! Your cooperation is both expected and appreciated.
7) There will be a coaches meeting at 8:20 Saturday morning at the deep end scorer's table. One coach from each team MUST attend.