Greater Philadelphia Aquatic Club
Swim Team Financial Requirements
Updated July 1, 2018
Effective August 1, 2018
1. All registration is done online through our website and requires a $100 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit per swimmer, except the Fall or Spring Warm-up programs (paid in full at the time of registration) and the "Technique and Fitness" and "Intro to GPAC" programs (First month paid for at the time of registration). All fees paid at the time of registration are non-refundable for any reason. Upon registering for the program you will be given a two week trial period, once the season starts. After this two week period you are financially responsible for all training dues for the rest of the season. If, for any reason, your swimmer wishes to drop out of the program before the end of the season in May, you are required to give 60 day written notice (notice MUST be emailed to Matthew Sprang at email@example.com, it CANNOT be given to a coach on deck or emailed to anyone else). During this 60 day period before separation, all fees will continue to be billed and must be paid in full. Please remember that you are reserving a spot in a practice group that does not have unlimited registrations. By registering for the team you are registering for that spot, we do not allow payment based on the number of practices you attended or the amount of time you are in the program. Once fees are assessed for the month, they must be paid.
2. Additional costs associated with the program:
A) All swimmers must have a USA Swimming registration. The team processes this registration but you will be charged $75 per swimmer. This is a yearly fee and paid at registration. Swimmers in Intro to GPAC and Technique & Fitness will be billed for the USA Swimming Flex Membership ($20 per swimmer, provides insurance coverage and the ability to swim in up to two non-championship meets per year).
B) Meet Entry Fees. All meet entry fees are charged to your account when the event file is prepared for the meet host. If a swimmer does not attend or skips and event at a meet there is no refund as the fees are still due to the meet host.
C) When the team attends meets away from GCIT which require travel accommodations for coaches (even if the meet is not team travel), a surcharge will be added to the entry fees for each swimmer attending to offset these costs. This surcharge will vary based on the distance of the meet, number of days of the meet, number of coaches attending and number of swimmers attending.
D) Team administrative fee, which is tied in to our meet worker policy. For more information on this, please read the meet worker policy. This is billed to each team family as $50 in October, $100 in November, and $50 in December.
3. Any account that has a balance of any kind on the 25th of each month will be assessed a $15 delinquency fee.
4. If your balance is older than 30 days you will not be able to enter meets until the account is brought up to date. Swimmers associated with accounts with balances older than 60 days will be pulled from all team activities (meets, practices, etc.) until the account is brought up to date.
5. All accounts must have a valid credit card on file at all times. You cannot manually mail your payment in each month. Charges will be added to your invoice throughout the month as required. Cards are run on the 1st of the month at 12:01 am PST. It is your responsibility to ensure there are enough funds available on your card to cover your bill. If the card is denied for any reason, it is your responsibility to pay the required amount before the 25th to avoid the $15 late fee and/or before the end of the month to ensure your swimmers are not held out of team activities.
6. There is a $10 per month per account maintenance fee to use the deferred billing plan. This fee is factored into the monthly price for the first swimmer on your account.
7. All accounts will be required to adhere to this financial agreement for the duration of your association with the GPAC program. Anyone who does not want to adhere to these standards cannot be members of this program.
8. Other charges: in addition to your training fees you are responsible for all individual meet entry fees and surcharges, the USA Swimming membership fee (paid at registration), all travel fees, and the team administrative fees. The team administrative fee is tied into our Meet Worker Policy (please see that in the Policies section of our website for a more detailed explanation of costs, requirements, and refunds).
9. Intro to GPAC and Technique & Fitness are month-to-month practice groups. There is no obligation to remain in that group beyond the current month for which you have paid. In order to withdraw from the program and cease payments/charges, you must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 25th of the current month. Withdraw requests must be done in writing (you cannot just tell the coach you are stopping) and must be received by the 25th of the month. Once the charges are run, you will have to wait until the next month to withdraw from the program.
10. If, in the event that GPAC has to seek legal action (small claims court, collection agency, other legal means, etc.) against you to obtain your balance due, you will be responsible for any and all fees incurred by GPAC in doing so.
Please understand that we do not want to assess any account the $15 fee for carrying a balance after the 25th of each month. We do not want the money; we want this to be a deterrent to not paying the monthly bill on time. However we will take the necessary steps to hold each family accountable for the fees set forth for the program and bring everyone to a level playing field when it comes to financial obligations.
If, for financial reasons, you are not going to be able to adhere to this program’s financial requirements please let us know as soon as possible. We will do everything we can to help you keep your children in this program provided it is fair to all team members and families. However we cannot help you do this if you do not bring it to my attention directly and immediately. Simply not paying your bill cannot be the way this information gets back to us. Meet entry fees, however, ALWAYS need to be paid on time.