Our vision is to create an environment where swimmers can achieve excellence in and out of the pool and develop life skills useful well after their time with the program has ended.
Greater Philadelphia Aquatics aims to teach swimmers of all ages and abilities the core values necessary to achieve at the highest level in and out of the pool, both as a team and individually, in a safe and competitive environment.
Our program is committed to:
- Recruiting highly motivated coaches and volunteers who share our vision
- Providing proper training to our coaches, staff, and volunteers so that a safe environment for the athletes is maintained at all times
- Provide swimmers with the highest quality coaching possible
- Recognize each individual (swimmer, coach, parent, volunteer, official) and the role they play in the success of our organization and our athletes
- Teach ideals, life skills, and values useful outside of the pool in everyday life
- Encourage and provide the safest and best environment for swimmers to strive for their own ultimate excellence
- We are processed based and performance driven, not the other way around
- Short term goals and achievement are important, but the long term development of the person and the athlete always come first
- A Commitment to Excellence - Individual and Team excellence is important. We encourage the setting of very high goals (short term and long term).
- Hard Work –With the setting of high goals has to come a knowledge of the work needed to reach those levels.
- Time Management - With increased practice attendance comes the need to properly budget time daily, weekly, and monthly.
- Educationally Based and Ethical Program
- Everlasting – We aim to keep the program around long after the youngest swimmer on this team graduates from high school.
- The Team and The Program - No individual will ever be put ahead of the best interest of the program or the team as a whole