Billing & Refund Policy
- Accounts are invoiced on the 1st of each month.
- All account charges and payments may be viewed by the family at any time during the month by logging into your account. It is the family’s responsibility to review the account balance for accuracy. Discrepancies should be brought to the treasurer’s attention within 15 days of the posting.
- No paper statements will be sent.
- A $99 per swimmer registration deposit will be charged at the time of registration.
- The registration fee is non-refundable.
- A member’s account must be in good standing before a member may register for next season.
- Unless other arrangements have been made in advance with the Treasurer, unpaid balances will be charged at the time of registration.
- Any member joining the program after September 1 shall have that month’s training fees prorated to the nearest half month, i.e. joins before the 15th = full month, after the 15th = half month.
USA Swimming Registration
- USA Swimming and Lancaster Aquatic Club require all competitive team members to have an active USA Swimming registration.
- USA Swimming charges a $70 per swimmer registration fee for the period from September 2018 - December 2019.
- LAC will submit payment on behalf of each athlete’s USA Swimming registration. The cost of USA Swimming registration will be billed back to the member on September 1 (or on the next invoice after joining if the member joins after September 1).
- New members who are currently registered with USA Swimmer as unattached or as a member of another team are responsible for transferring their membership and any fees associated with that transfer.
- Members who choose to pay their training fees by month will be invoiced on the 1st of each month. For example, training fees for September, will be invoiced on September 1.
- Members using the monthly billing option for their training fees may terminate or suspend their membership at any time.
- Members who terminate or suspend their membership prior to the 15th of the month will not be billed next month’s training fees. For example, a member who terminates on November 6, will not be invoiced for December training fees.
- Members who terminate or suspend their membership on or after the 15th of the month will be billed next month’s training fees. For example, a member who terminates on November 21, will be invoiced for December training fees.
- There are no training fee refunds for members utilizing the monthly billing option.
- Members who terminate or suspend their membership and later wish to rejoin during the same season (September 2018 – August 2019) will be subject to a $25 per swimmer reactivation fee.
- Members who choose to pay their training fees in full and do so by paper check no later than August 25, 2018 will receive a 2.5% discount on their training fees.
- The pay-in-full discount applies only to training fees. It does not apply to the registration deposit, USA Swimming registration fee, meet entry fees, or any other costs incurred as part of membership and participation in Lancaster Aquatic Club.
- Members using the pay-in-full payment option who terminate their membership on or after December 1, 2018 will not receive a refund.
- Members using the pay-in-full payment option who terminate their membership prior to December 1, 2018 are entitled to a refund prorated for the remainder of their contract, minus the amount of the pay-in-full discount applied to the months prior to notification of cancelation.
- Members who terminate or suspend their membership and later wish to rejoin during the same season (September 2018 – August 2019) will be subject to a $25 per swimmer reactivation fee and will be charged the standard monthly rate upon rejoining.
- Families with multiple swimmers receive a 5% training fee discount on all swimmers after the first.
- The multi-swimmer discount will be applied to the least expensive training fees.
- The multi-swimmer discount applies only to training fees. It does not apply to the registration deposit, USA Swimming registration fee, meet entry fees, or any other costs incurred as part of membership and participation in Lancaster Aquatic Club.
- Multi-swimmer discounts are non-refundable.
Meet Entry Fees
- Meet entry fees, once finalized with the host team, are non-refundable.
- Members who do not meet their volunteer commitment as outlined in the volunteer policy will be assessed a $50 per session penalty.
- Members who voluntarily terminate their membership prior to October 15, 2018 will be deemed exempt from the volunteer commitment.
- Penalties for failure to meet the volunteer commitment will be invoiced at the end of the season or upon member termination, whichever comes first.
- Payments may be made via ACH, credit card, check, or money order.
- Members who are set up for automatic payments via ACH or credit card will have their invoiced amount withdrawn / charged on the same day the account is invoiced (the 1st of each month).
- All payments via credit card will be subject to a 3% convenience fee to cover the credit card processing fee charged by the bank.
- Members paying by check must mail their payment to:
Lancaster Aquatic Club
c/o Dana Taylor
2601 Ironville Pike
Columbia, PA 17512
- Invoiced amounts unpaid by the 10th of the month will be subject to a $15 late fee. No exceptions.
- NSF check and returned ACH / credit card charges will be subject to a $15 penalty from LAC, plus bank charges, which may include fees for each time the bank tries to process the returned payment.
- Members with balances greater than 30 days overdue will be ineligible to train with the team, attend team-sponsored activities, or enter meets (including meets where entry fee has previously been paid) until the account is brought current.
- Members with balances greater than 60 days overdue will have their membership privileges terminated.
- Please refer to the Travel Policy for details on how meet travel expenses are calculated and billed for meets designated “team travel.”
- LAC may assess a surcharge on meets that are not designated as “team travel” in order to offset coaches’ travel expenses. The surcharge will be posted alongside the meet entry fees when the meet is posted.
Voluntary Termination or Suspension of Membership
- Termination or suspension of membership must be requested in writing and sent to the Treasurer and Head Coach.
- No verbal termination or suspension of membership will be accepted.