What do we mean when we say “Championships”? Championships is through Mid Atlantic (USA Swimming).
Mid Atlantic Championships
Mid Atlantic Championships consist of Mini Champs, Bronze Champs, Silver Champs, JO’s (Junior Olympics) and Senior Champs.
For ease, we are going to break this into 2 age groups of 8&Under as compared to 9&Up.
- All 8&Under swimmers are invited to the Mini Champs hosted by the Jersey Wahoos in March. (Details to follow.) To attend this meet, the swimmer must have an official time in the event. “NT” for “No Time” is not permitted. Times come from past USA Meets. Example: If you want your swimmer to swim 25 Fly at Mini Champs, s(he) will need an official time beforehand.
- 8&Under swimmers are not permitted to attend Bronze Champs.
- 8&Under swimmers can qualify for Silver Champs and JO’s, however, in 10&Under Events. Events are 50’s and higher. There are no 25’s in these Champs. Silver Champs are in March. JO’s are also in March.
- All 9&Up swimmers are invited to Bronze Champs in March.. To attend this meet, the swimmer must have an official time in the event. “NT” for “No Time” is not permitted. Times come from past USA Meets. Example: If you want your swimmer to swim 50 Breast at Bronze Champs, s(he) will need an official time beforehand.
- Bronze Champs is for swimmers who do not have a fast enough time to qualify for Silver Champs in the event. If the time is too fast for Bronze Champs, the swimmer advances to Silver Champs. Your swimmer may advance to Silver Champs based on results from Bronze Champs.
- Silver Champs are in March. Times are faster than Bronze Champs, but slower than JO’s.
- JO’s are in March. Qualifying events only. Bronze Champs and Silver Champs are afterwards. Must have JO cuts beforehand.
- Technically, the swimmer can swim an event at each Championship Meet as long as the time for the event is inside the qualifying time.
Here is the BIG Question – Where does my swimmer fall with times for each Championship?
- Look up your swimmer’s time by going into Team Unify and going to “My Account” and then “My Meet Results” and the top tab of “My Results”. Put course to “SCY” and select Top Time of “1”. Then search. This will give you all of your swimmer’s top times for each event.
- Times are good for exactly 1 year before the Championship Meet.
- Look at the “2017 Silver Champs Times” that is on the website under “Standards”. Look at each age group by gender to see the time to beat to get into Silver Champs. If you swimmer is faster, congratulations and move on to JO’s!
We are looking forward to an exciting Championship Season. Thank you for all you do to help us get there!!