Annual Campaign Season has arrived!
The Annual Campaign funds a scholarship program that provides assistance to families in need who otherwise may not be able to participate in Y programming. In 2017, the Y of Delaware provided $5.4 million in financial assistance and we only expect that number to grow in 2018. The goal of the Annual Campaign is to raise a majority of those funds. We do this so that no one has to be without the Y.
Some other numbers to consider:
- 1,464 youth received free swim lessons
- 16,536 kids were empowered through programming such as Youth in Government, Black Achievers, Teen Leader Clubs, Summer camp, sports and more. In fact, 6% of our own swim team participates in this financial scholarship.
- 150 at-risk adults were served through our Diabetes Prevention program
- 300 men in need received affordable housing at the Central Y
- 3,456 youth were provided assistance for summer camp (1 in 3 kids)
- 1,300 children continued learning in After School Programs (1 in 3 kids)
- 1 in 5 members received some type of financial assistance
- 125 cancer survivors were served through LIVESTRONG at the Y
We impacted over 100,000 people last year and we want to be able to do even more this year.
Please let me know if you would be interested or if you know someone who would be interested in participating in making even larger impacts in our community!