Mon-Thur 5:00pm - 7:15pm
Fri 4:15pm - 6:30pm
Sat 9:00am - 11:00am
This group is designed to improve and build upon an aerobic endurance base that is earned in Gold group. Swimmers will also be introduced to anaerobic threshold sets that test their mental and physical stamina. Regular meet attendance is required to participate in this group and swimmers are encouraged to continue to improve technique in all four strokes, starts, and turns.
- Attendance at all 6 practice sessions weekly
- Minimum Age is 11
- Ability to perform sets at best effort levels, clock management, advanced set practices with varied and personalized seasonal plans.
- Leadership, sportsmanship, and performance required
- Advanced goal setting.
- Must demonstrate the ability to keep up with the group on all sets.
- Must have achieved at least 1 AA time.
- Ability to Swim:
- 1600 freestyle, 22:00 or faster
- 16 X 100 freestyle, 1:20 or faster
- 8 X 200 Individual Medley, 3:10 or faster
- 12 X 50 Kick, .50 or faster
- Swimmers train towards specific meets with seasonal planning in mind
- Understanding of energy systems reflected in dryland workouts, nutrition, and mental conditioning.
- Advanced underwater and endurance training with introduction to high performance endurance.
- Introduction to lactate threshold and tolerance
- Refinement of starts and turns
- Competitive strategy
- 2 pairs of goggles (clear and tinted)
- Practice caps (at least 2)
- Kick Board
- Short Fins
- Finis Freestyle Snorkel
- Paddles (ask Coach Martine for sizing)
- Pull Buoy
- 2 Tennis Balls
- Pulling Ankle Band
- Pulling Tube (Check w/ Coach for Tube size)
- Running shoes to wear for in water training
- Running Shoes
- Mesh equipment bag
- Water Bottle
- Yoga Mat for dry land (optional)
$155/month (10% OFF monthly dues for all Active Duty military)
(Monthly dues are due the beginning of each month. This does not include Start up fees. For more info click on the Registration tab under Swim Team Groups.)