Short Course (September through March):
The Winter Season starts in September and culminates with the Championship Meets in the spring:
- Mini 1 & 2 groups will practice through to the 8&U Championship Meet in March.
- Novice, Cadet, Junior and Senior 1 groups will practice through Districts.
- The Senior 2 group will practice through to Y Nationals in April.
Spring Stroke Clinic (April through May)
The stroke clinic focuses on technique for all four strokes, including starts and turns. It is an opportunity for swimmers to get a good technical base before entering into the summer season, whether that is swimming long course for CATY, swimming for their summer club, or both.
Practices are Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- 8&Unders: 6:00-7:00PM
- 9-12 Year Olds: 7:00-8:00PM
- 13&Over: 8:00-9:00PM
Long Course (First Monday in June thru Last Week of July) (All swimmers must be USA registered):
Senior 1 & 2 groups:
- Practices will be at CATY (M-F from 4:00-6:00PM) until school lets out.
- Once school lets out, practices will be M,W,F from 10:30AM-12:30PM at UMBC, and T,TH from 4:00-6:00PM at CATY.
- Current Seniors do not pay any extra because the fees for this program have already been incorporated into their group fee, however, Senior Prep’s and Junior 2s will need to pay an additional fee.
Junior, Cadets, and Novice:
- Practices will be from 6:00-7:15PM Monday thru Thursday. Monday & Wednesday practices will be at CATY, and Tuesday & Thursday practices will be at UMBC.
- There is an additional fee for this session.
There will be roughly four or so meets during this period-with the season concluding at the Maryland State Long Course Championships at St. Mary’s College during the first week of August.